Sep 22, 2019
I have a rooster he’s perfect has a perfect personality and is the perfect breed I dream of but he crows very loud and a lot and I have neighbors. My neighbors haven’t complaint yet but they might in the future. I tried giving my rooster a crow collar but he’s too smart he just takes it right off no matter if it’s loose or tight. What else can I try?

There are rooster collars that keep the Roos from crowing humanely

Attachments

• 65ED372A-F75E-47D2-BF51-3B43F879DF16.jpeg
    65ED372A-F75E-47D2-BF51-3B43F879DF16.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 21
I had friends who lived in town and kept a couple of boys, they would bed them down in the garage at night, which stayed dark longer into the morning, so they stayed quiet until most people were up, and none of the neighbors ever complained, but they knew they might have to re-home or process them if the neighbors ever did complain. Only other thing I know of is a surgery some vets will do to limit the amount of noise they make when they crow.

Is it the crowing in general the issue, or is it just because he's sounding off too early this time of year?

Keep him somewhere dark and away from natural light until a more convenient hour.

If many in the neighborhood are at home all day (lockdown), you may need to rehome or process him.

Crowing collars dont work well at all. Also, keeping them in the dark doesn’t help either. Haven’t you ever seen videos of the roosters in dark boxes before a fight? I’ve tried keeping them in a dark space, it does not work. Also, my old roo crowed at 2 o’clock in mornin. It does not really matter if it’s light or dark he’ll still crow. You and your neighbors will have to deal with it unless you want to have his crowing thing removed.

Back
Top Bottom