How do you clean your Brinsea?

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I have a Brinsea Oco 20 incubator and I have only hatched in it once. How do you properly clean it? What can I use to clean it with???

Also, it's been awhile that I hatched. Is there a good link or post that gives me the basics on using it?! I can't find my manual..GRRR..

I have eggs coming today, and am not prepared! (ugh!)

TIA

Here you go.

http://www.brinsea.com/images/class pack bits/Oct 20 Advance Classroom Pack with OvaSope.pdf

I cleaned my Brinsea yesterday after my final hatch. I use mild dish detergent, rinse it well and let dry. Then I mist some disinfectant over the entire thing, bottom, top, tray, humidity thinger, thermometor... I will undo the screws at the top of the plastic to clean up the dust inside the mechanicals as well and spray a very fine mist (one or two pumps) over the fan and such. The disinfectant that I use is Oxine.

Last edited:
I have hatched twice in mine and I have my third set going right now. The main thing I discovered when I was cleaning mine out after my second hatch is that you do not want to submerge the yellow bottom in water. You can take the bottom apart (just four screws) and then submerge the part that holds the eggs which is what I plan to do after this hatch. I use soapy hot water with some bleach in in to clean mine then rinse in hot water. I have also taken apart the top (again it is just screws to take it apart) to clean out the dust and fluff on the fan. For the top parts I wipe them down with a hot damp cloth then dry with paper towels. BTW, you can go to the Brinsea site and download the manual for your incubator. Hope this helps!
smile.png

I have hatched twice in mine and I have my third set going right now. The main thing I discovered when I was cleaning mine out after my second hatch is that you do not want to submerge the yellow bottom in water. You can take the bottom apart (just four screws) and then submerge the part that holds the eggs which is what I plan to do after this hatch. I use soapy hot water with some bleach in in to clean mine then rinse in hot water. I have also taken apart the top (again it is just screws to take it apart) to clean out the dust and fluff on the fan. For the top parts I wipe them down with a hot damp cloth then dry with paper towels. BTW, you can go to the Brinsea site and download the manual for your incubator. Hope this helps!
smile.png
Ty for the info that the bottom comes apart.I've noticed a musky smell after cleaning mine and figured water got in the bottom.Will deff be taking it apart after this hatch.TY

Back
Top Bottom