How do you water your button quail babies????

Quote:
Those still need to have pebbles or something to keep baby buttons out, they are super tiny!!

Ooops! I got lucky!!!!!! My boxer mix has decided he wants to adopt our buttons, if they have babies I'll give u an update
smile.png

Quote:
Those still need to have pebbles or something to keep baby buttons out, they are super tiny!!

Ooops! I got lucky!!!!!! My boxer mix has decided he wants to adopt our buttons, if they have babies I'll give u an update
smile.png

Even if the babies can't get their heads in them, they can still soak themselves enough to cause a problem. That's why I like the parakeet waterers so much, at most they could maybe get a foot in it, but they can't get soaking wet
big_smile.png

my son tried to clean the cage, food n water (indoor quailies ya know) and pooch grabbed him by the back of his pants and tried to pull him away from the cage. I ended up having to sit on him.

Besides my dog's illicit love affair with my quail, I'll remember that they could drown in those cups.... coud adding cotton help with this if I dont have small enough rocks/pebbles/marbles for the lil cup?

I would think cotton would just soak up all the water? You can get some fish tank rocks to put in it. If I didn't have all mine in the tank, I could send you some
smile.png

We only have 2 left from this hatch, and hopefully the marbles work! if not then i will have more knowledge for the next batch

I started out with a parakeet water tube, went to a cookie tin lid (piroutte or however you spell it) with no marbles, then went to a quail waterer, no marbles or stones. Now, I use a hamster water bottle. I haven't had any issues with any of these methods.

Back
Top Bottom