How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

We got our chicks last year from the local Mennonite farm store and the gentleman there told us that if any of them turned out to be roos, he would be happy to take them back. I didn't ask if they would later be served in chicken and pastry in their adjoining restaurant. :)
I would have taken them up on their offer if I had another roo in addition to Bruce.
By the way, 7 Tuesday, 8 Wednesday and 7 today.
I have no issues with them being supper. I just want them to have no stress or abuse. I should just pull up my big girl panties and get my farrier and her hubby to show me how to do the deed.

10 eggs yesterday, seems my blue egg layers (older ladies) are starting to mount, so the eggs I am getting are brown and terracotta coloured. And pink 😊

My ORGB bantam pullet isn’t laying that I can see - they lay small white eggs and I have yet to see anything like that. Wonder how tiny her eggs will be? She’s tiny fits in my hand, her eggs should be teeny!

Two so far, I expect possibly 1 more. One on the left is a brand new layer, the egg is so teeny and a color I haven't seen yet.

PXL_20241005_174002391-EDIT.jpg

3 non circled eggs are just the fake ceramic ones.

Back
Top Bottom