Illinois traders!!!!

I'm also in the Chicagoland area, but we'll have to stay away b/c I know I'd want some ducklings.

We'll be setting some eggs next week. I ordered a mixed dozen of Legbars, Lav. Orpingtons, & Welsummers. I would really like a few Wyandotte or Australorp eggs if anyone local has some. I'm not too sure how good the hatch will be with shipped eggs & would like to increase my odds. My students are very excited, and I would hate to have a 0% hatch. I may end up adding some barnyard mixes just to insure something hatches.

I would take any you want to rehome.
Let me know what breeds, I might be interested in a few.....  :D

I head up there April 14th. I will let you guys know what I know as soon as I know it! My family has accepted my chicken craze, but I really don't think they'll be as tolerant about 26 ducks! I'm hoping there are some cresteds, I suggested them :D

I'm close too Springfield IL and I have a 3 white rooster silkies and if anyone close has a hen silkie they'd want to sell/trade let me know! I need one gone or a new hen ASAP!!! Thank you and if you know anyone who might let them know!!

Hi,

I'm up near Rockford. I have a young half Faverolles rooster that needs a new home. I think his other half is Chantecler because he has a small comb. He's making my Faverolles rooster crazy trying to mate with the hens - even one of my horses chased him away from the hens yesterday.
smile.png

Anyway I imagine he's heading for a stew pot but I really don't want to do the deed myself so I'm offering him here.

Also I have a dozen Narragansett turkey eggs coming tomorrow. I only want to keep three turkeys so I'll be selling the other poults (if I hatch more than three)
fl.gif
Let me know if you are interested. I'll post again if any hatch.

I'm also close to Rockford, in South Beloit just South of the WI border - and could meet anyone in Rockford. I will be hatching Olive Eggers around April 1st... they are a cross of my Easter Eggers (blue egg layers) and my Black Copper Marans rooster.

Here's the eggs my EE lays (blue) and my BCMxBR hen lays - so you should get some really nice olive green eggs from these EE x BCM hens.

I am interested in doing a swap... 1 clean bale of straw per straight run chick. If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Tomorrow is d-day! D is for ducklings! Lol

I'll have 26 Pekins riding home with me tomorrow afternoon. Who wants some??!! They'll be straight run, but you're welcome to have a go at guessing sexes. I have them listed on CL for sale. If anyone from here wants them I'll go cheap, say $4 each or less if you take more. Or maybe less if you could bring me some straw. Or if you have absolutely zero money at all that you could give me, but are dying to have 1 or 2 ducklings maybe you could just take them off my hands for me?! The sooner the better!

I'm located in a town called Elwood, about 15 minutes south of Joliet. I'm about ten minutes away from both I-80 and I-55. I'll be home all weekend if you want to come pick up your new babies.

While I'm at it... I have 4 blue laced red Wyandotte pullets for sale too. They're from Meyer so not show quality but it was hard enough to get my hands on just these! Some of them have some really great lacing already. Definitely all blues, possibly some black but I don't think so. 6 weeks old, $10 each.

My call ducks are laying. They all come from show quality blood lines and i got my gray pair out of a state show. I have two gray drakes, gray hen, white drake, white hen and a snowy hen. I am getting a egg a day and sometimes two eggs. i am selling them $2 egg. I also have African geese hatching eggs as well. $4 an egg

I am located in Rockford and will deliver.

Still in search for a hen silkie around a year old! i dont care what color it is as long as it is a purebred silkie. Im in dyer need of one so please let me know if you have or know anyone who has one. Im in Central Illinois near Springfield. Let me know

Putnam county here. I am incubating Bourbon Reds right now. I am breeding them for the first time this year. If anyone is interested in poults I will be happy to meet. Asking $10/poult straight run.

My hens are laying well now, and my incubator is filling up. Currently I can offer eggs from my Black Javas, Auburn Javas, Dark Brahmas, and Partridge Brahmas. Prices $25 per dozen for Javas, and $35 for Brahmas. I do have a pen with a buff laced Brahma roo, one buff laced hen, one blue-buff hen, and 2 very dilute blue laced red hens (all Brahmas). This is a test pen to see what colors I get. Chicks so far hatched are buff at hatching or look like gold laced Brahmas (not BUFF). I'm getting ready to turn this group loose, so if you want some-don't wait ($20/dozen). Also as long as more hens don't go broody, I will have silkie/sizzle eggs available at $25/dozen. Local pickup please- located in northern Peoria county. Thanks! Prefer email ([email protected]) to PM, but either will work.

Back
Top Bottom