I'm so old I Remember when:

A thermos similar to this?
View attachment 3938611

This one belonged to my grandfather.
My dad had that same one, too. My brother inherited it and still takes it to his blind in the woods from opening day to the end of late bow season. Mine was a garage sale find and is only about 2/3 size. Instead of the metal cup, it has a heavy duty plastic one that has pegs molded on the outside for a strap that attaches.

I remember that kind of lunchbox.
Black, right? Domed lid? I think I had one uncle who actually used the thermos inside it. He worked running the huge electrical poles and wires acrost vast rural areas to electrify farms and small towns of upstate NY. He packed soup in that thermos. Used the Stanley for his coffee as it was bigger. Dad gave us the thermos from his to use on our many fishing trips at the creek or canoe rides down the Chenango River. I guess he didn't think we should be drinking all that nature.

I'm so old I remember the type of lunch box my dad carried off to work. In the lid there was a bracket to hold a thermos bottle and the bottom there was room or a piece of fruit and 2 hefty sandwiches. Back then all the sandwiches got wrapped in wax paper because there were no sandwich bags or Glad Wrap type wraps.
I still buy waxed paper bags for sandwiches. It's probably just nostalgia but I feel it makes them taste better. 🥪 Of course now they've gotten fancy and you can buy ones with pictures of fruit or dinosaurs on them.

I remember when there was only one kind of rims that made you cool...
images (3).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom