International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hey friends what do you think about this? My Marans hatch of July 4, hatched two yellow chicks. I thought maybe my friend had given me two from another hatch. But, he only hatches Marans. Take a look! Yes they have feathers on one leg.
1000049053.jpg
1000049067.jpg
1000049060.jpg
1000049061.jpg
1000049057.jpg

Hey friends what do you think about this? My Marans hatch of July 4, hatched two yellow chicks. I thought maybe my friend had given me two from another hatch. But, he only hatches Marans. Take a look! Yes they have feathers on one leg. View attachment 3901898View attachment 3901894
Looks to be a Splash.🙂
Splash or white maybe?

I'm guessing here, I'm new to this BBS genetics. All cute tho, congrats.

Thanks...I'm noticing it only in the mossy pullets, and unsure if there's a correlation directly involved.
My first experience here with this, so I don't know the genetics term, is this 'marbled eyes' or ....?

I need to get individual pics on all 5 pullets to get a decision on keepers, but still waiting on eggs regardless.

I do think I'm going to re home the 2 cockerels and these 2 or 3 mossy pullets.Their over coloring I don't need and with 10 more growing out, I see no reason to continue watching them.
I remember reading Chooks man talking about mossy chicks. He said to keep mossy roos. And to keep the pullets with the best bodies shape...sometimes like that. I took notes. Don't have notebook with me.

I remember reading Chooks man talking about mossy chicks. He said to keep mossy roos. And to keep the pullets with the best bodies shape...sometimes like that. I took notes. Don't have notebook with me.
Interesting...I thought I read somewhere that he said they were a cull. I'm going to have to search for it because I don't want to make a wrong decision here. If anything I'll move the pullets to the layer flock until I get an official.

@Bantambird what are your thoughts? Would you cull the over colored boys and mossy girls. I just feel with everything I have hatching, and seeing some nicer birds I got to be selective here and only keep the best I see.

Interesting...I thought I read somewhere that he said they were a cull. I'm going to have to search for it because I don't want to make a wrong decision here. If anything I'll move the pullets to the layer flock until I get an official.

@Bantambird what are your thoughts? Would you cull the over colored boys and mossy girls. I just feel with everything I have hatching, and seeing some nicer birds I got to be selective here and only keep the best I see.
Check from page 2050. He addressed it. He said it was great to have mossy cockerels.

I FOUND IT.

HE STARTED SPEAKING ABOUT MOSSINESS PAGE 2063_2064. YAYYYYY

Check from page 2050. He addressed it. He said it was great to have mossy cockerels.
Thank you for the info. I'll check it out and report back. I think I do have 1 boy from Betty that's mossy, which was odd seeing that 2 of them are just starting to show copper in the hackles but not much in the chest like I'm used to seeing so much of...

I'm all over the map here with these birds... It's a blur. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom