Is there a way that you can incubate eggs with out getting roosters

Ok thank you, I read somewhere that if you let a hen hatch out her eggs you will get more females than if you incubated them. Is that true?
It worked out that way for me.
Out of 10 eggs that went into the incubator, I got 9 males and 1 female.
Out of 9 chicks hatched by the hen, I got 6 males and 3 females.

Your results may vary. LOL

I read about an old wives tale that rounder eggs produce females and pointy ones males but I’ve never experimented 🤷🏻‍♀️
I did too but I am maxed out on my chicken allowance and don't have the desire to experiment.
Honestly, I seriously doubt that the shape of the egg could be used to determine the gender.

Ok thank you, I read somewhere that if you let a hen hatch out her eggs you will get more females than if you incubated them. Is that true?
My broody hen hatched 6. 4 are cockerels. Total nonsense. I hatched 19 eggs before that in my incubator. 6 were cockerels. I had better luck with the incubator.

Thanks, I think I will just stay away from hatching eggs at the moment as I don’t want to cull any chickens even though I might have to some day

If you do not want more cockerels stay away from hatching as it can become addictive. You end up with a bachelor coop. Most do harvest the males but my husband and I just can’t do it.

Back
Top Bottom