Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Thanks for asking. The day went alright, but getting up was really hard. Like really hard. The 3 o'clock alarm got dismissed and I just laid there in a daze for 20 minutes after the 3:30 alarm. I need the chickens to go in so I can lock up and go to bed.
Not sleeping is the worst. 😕
And getting up at 3 am sounds awful. Why do you wake up that early?

I am breaking my vacation to come in and tell you something funny. So, I was sitting outside with my chickens, waiting for them all to go to bed, and all I could hear is some southie band playing annoyingly loud at the bandstand down the road. The band was annoying me enough that I started getting up to come in and maybe leave a radio on for the chickens. But then I heard "the wet tee shirt contest starts in 10 minutes, folks. Boys, get your girls ready." and I sat back down with the biggest smile on my face. You see, the new bandstand is located around the local schools and near public parks, and ALL entertainers that file for a permit to play must adhere to strict rules about "family friendly" activities. I started the timer to see how long this next bit took. The southie band started playing a lousy cover of one of my favorite songs, like, the guy was butchering it! And not 2 minutes in, all I heard was a THWOOMP, the singer screaming, and a very recognizable voice screaming back. I sat out there laughing like a loon because I knew that our sheriff had just gone and killed power to the stand. Ahhh...it is sometimes nice to live in such a place that tolerates zero crap. It will be peaceful and quiet tonight. 😌☮️

I am breaking my vacation to come in and tell you something funny. So, I was sitting outside with my chickens, waiting for them all to go to bed, and all I could hear is some southie band playing annoyingly loud at the bandstand down the road. The band was annoying me enough that I started getting up to come in and maybe leave a radio on for the chickens. But then I heard "the wet tee shirt contest starts in 10 minutes, folks. Boys, get your girls ready." and I sat back down with the biggest smile on my face. You see, the new bandstand is located around the local schools and near public parks, and ALL entertainers that file for a permit to play must adhere to strict rules about "family friendly" activities. I started the timer to see how long this next bit took. The southie band started playing a lousy cover of one of my favorite songs, like, the guy was butchering it! And not 2 minutes in, all I heard was a THWOOMP, the singer screaming, and a very recognizable voice screaming back. I sat out there laughing like a loon because I knew that our sheriff had just gone and killed power to the stand. Ahhh...it is sometimes nice to live in such a place that tolerates zero crap. It will be peaceful and quiet tonight. 😌☮️
Did they...... try that in a small town?

Back
Top Bottom