Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I've been wondering that too.
As long as it's over the fish and not over eastern NC and none of that loop the loop business.
It will be boiling out there!

So muggy here this morning. Tropical air must already be moving in. Mostly a flash flood risk for us.
😞
You folks down be careful!
Please take any necessary precautions! My brother lives on Florida's West Coast north of Clearwater so I've been keeping an eye on things down there. Last I looked it should go north of him and his family, but I also know sometimes those things don't listen to the weather forecasters: They can go where they want to go instead of where the weather forecaster says they are supposed to go....

Please take any necessary precautions! My brother lives on Florida's West Coast north of Clearwater so I've been keeping an eye on things down there. Last I looked it should go north of him and his family, but I also know sometimes those things don't listen to the weather forecasters: They can go where they want to go instead of where the weather forecaster says they are supposed to go....
I always take precautions if one is even coming close here. The dang things can make last minute turns or increase in strength at the last minute. When we get hit they are usually cat 1-3. We have had them stall on us and throw tons of rain and winds for many hours. That gets nerve racking. Ever since Floyd in 1999, I probably prepare more than necessary but we loss everything in that one. Lived in our camper in the back yard for almost a year. FEMA did not help us at all! We were on our own.

I hope your family and everyone else further south of me comes through this with no problems. ❤️

My oldest is doing some training in GA, and they evac'd the entire place. Sent him back home until next Monday.
It was storming pretty bad here yesterday, the wind was so strong it blew one of my rabbit hutches away and we had to run out there and bring the rabbits into the house. Lightning struck one of our trees too

I have so much trouble making decisions at the best of times... and sometimes I get truly stuck.
Last year's hurricane, I moved our sedan nearby to a showgrounds which is on higher ground, has wide open spaces, and an absence of debris to be blown around (unlike our neighbors).
I don't really have permission to park there, but the place sits completely empty when there's not a show going on. So last year we taped a sign inside the window saying, "Parked temporarily for hurricane, please call #__ if you would like me to move it."
I then found myself testing out different parking spots trying to imagine what would happen if power lines came down or if someone needed to get through, etc. Read: my mother wondered why it took me an hour to park the car.

Does it sound like a good decision to repeat, or a rude / bad one?
*Our own parking area is in a low spot, has a tree, and a powerline above.

I have so much trouble making decisions at the best of times... and sometimes I get truly stuck.
Last year's hurricane, I moved our sedan nearby to a showgrounds which is on higher ground, has wide open spaces, and an absence of debris to be blown around (unlike our neighbors).
I don't really have permission to park there, but the place sits completely empty when there's not a show going on. So last year we taped a sign inside the window saying, "Parked temporarily for hurricane, please call #__ if you would like me to move it."
I then found myself testing out different parking spots trying to imagine what would happen if power lines came down or if someone needed to get through, etc. Read: my mother wondered why it took me an hour to park the car.

Similar situation. Figure if it gets towed, they (towing company) are liable for damage. Considering the hospital parking garage.

I'd do it again, with the sign. Who knows, you might start a trend

Back
Top Bottom