Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Still tastes like dirt.
I was afraid of this when I grew my own potatoes last year. I figured, they wash the potatoes once before they sell them(maybe they don't but I assumed they did)and mine would just be washed by me. But not a single one tasted like dirt! They were so good, I'll be growing them every year now

So do yall eat the skin of a baked potato while eating a baked potato? Thanks
Yes!
I scrape out most of the insides while the potato is still hot, slather butter onto/into the skin, add salt and pepper to taste.
Delicious!! :drool
Good this way too!
Sometimes. I find the texture of the skin varies a lot, so it depends on if it’s got a good texture or not.
This is occasionally an issue, but not often.
Now, some good twice baked potatoes, properly cleaned and with all the good things, yes!
Very Good!!!!

Now, some good twice baked potatoes, properly cleaned and with all the good things, yes!
I want to make sure I understand here.

So, you eat the skin on those? I mean you say "properly cleaned" so that sounds like you do. And then, I have to ask why not properly clean with just a baked potato?

And, I have a confession to make. I don't think I have ever ate twice baked potatoes. I had to search just to be sure what it even was. I had heard it, but never made them or ate them. Sounds good, and I will try it. But, it sounds a lot like mashed potatoes.

How are the skins after baking that long? It seems like they would be really tough.

I want to make sure I understand here.

So, you eat the skin on those? I mean you say "properly cleaned" so that sounds like you do. And then, I have to ask why not properly clean with just a baked potato?
People clean the potatoes better for twice baked, I don't know why, but for some reason not as much with normal baked potatoes. I've found pockets of dirt before on the skins of baked potatoes.
I clean them well if I'm making them but I'm really the only person in my family that likes baked potatoes and I'm not using the oven for 1 potato.

People clean the potatoes better for twice baked, I don't know why, but for some reason not as much with normal baked potatoes. I've found pockets of dirt before on the skins of baked potatoes.
I clean them well if I'm making them but I'm really the only person in my family that likes baked potatoes and I'm not using the oven for 1 potato.
The one recipe I read just said to gently scrub them.

The ones you get from from the grocery store are pretty clean already and then I just scrub them with my hands good under running water. Out of the garden needs a little better scrubbing. A little southern dirt is good for you, though.

I am usually baking at least 2, but I will fire up the oven for 1. At one time I would do them in the microwave, but it is just not the same. I mean maybe the insides are not much different, but the skin is so much better in the oven.

The one recipe I read just said to gently scrub them.

The ones you get from from the grocery store are pretty clean already and then I just scrub them with my hands good under running water. Out of the garden needs a little better scrubbing. A little southern dirt is good for you, though.

I am usually baking at least 2, but I will fire up the oven for 1. At one time I would do them in the microwave, but it is just not the same. I mean maybe the insides are not much different, but the skin is so much better in the oven.
Try wrapping them in foil before putting them in the microwave.

Back
Top Bottom