Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I mowed my front the other day. The first of 2024. The first since November maybe, or late October. I have some years had to touch it up in the months of Dec.,Jan., Feb., But regular mowing is usually over in October or November.

Do you have to mow year round, or do you get a 2 week break in there somewhere?
I miss having a lawn. I only get to have the fun of spraying weeds in the rocks every couple of months so the HOA doesn't complain.

I miss having a lawn. I only get to have the fun of spraying weeds in the rocks every couple of months so the HOA doesn't complain.
Yeah, grass is nice. I’m not really a fan of mowing, and I always look forward to having a break in there of not having to.

What are the reasons for the rocks? I can think of a few. I mean other than the obvious one of having them readily available if someone makes you mad.

I love doing my yard in the beginning which will be next weekend since it's raining this weekend. As the summer goes by I'll go from wanting it to look great to just trying to cover as much real estate in the shortest time. I'm also gonna pressure wash and repaint my deck but first replace all the horizontal top 2x4s. Eventhough they are treated, they're looking rough.

I love doing my yard in the beginning which will be next weekend since it's raining this weekend. As the summer goes by I'll go from wanting it to look great to just trying to cover as much real estate in the shortest time. I'm also gonna pressure wash and repaint my deck but first replace all the horizontal top 2x4s. Eventhough they are treated, they're looking rough.
As it gets hotter and more humid the fun factor goes way down for me. That and it is always that I need to be doing something else. It takes me about 2.5 hours to mow the whole thing. It was longer than that but I upgraded to a commercial JD zero turn that knocked off almost an hour. And, sometimes now I will mow the front every week and the back every other week. The back takes the longest. I can knock the front and sides out in like 30 minutes with the JD. It is a big front yard but it is mostly wide open.

As it gets hotter and more humid the fun factor goes way down for me. That and it is always that I need to be doing something else. It takes me about 2.5 hours to mow the whole thing. It was longer than that but I upgraded to a commercial JD zero turn that knocked off almost an hour. And, sometimes now I will mow the front every week and the back every other week. The back takes the longest. I can knock the front and sides out in like 30 minutes with the JD. It is a big front yard but it is mostly wide open.
I can't use a rider whatever kind. Only a walk behind cause my yards too hilly from getting trees removed throughout the years mostly by mother nature and a few that my dad had cut down decades ago. The rain seems To be letting up which is good. I'm pumping out one section of my yard now and I'll have one other section to do after that. Oh and I have to spray the fence line in the back. I got it all cleared from the giant sticker vines and don't want them coming back.

How do you get away with all your animals in an hoa?
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom