July Hatch-a-long

Yippee!!!! received my eggs from Cloverleaf , Faverolles. Letting them set a bit. Then I will check for air cell placement. None broken or leaking so far. Shipped from Oregon on one coast to the mtns of NC on the East coast. Wow!! Thats a long bit folks. I can barely wait the 10 days to candle. If I had a margarita it would calm me down some. Yikes did I say that?? What am I thinking? Bye I have work to do, ( old woman grumbles to self as she signs off)
gig.gif

Yippee!!!! received my eggs from Cloverleaf , Faverolles. Letting them set a bit. Then I will check for air cell placement. None broken or leaking so far. Shipped from Oregon on one coast to the mtns of NC on the East coast. Wow!! Thats a long bit folks. I can barely wait the 10 days to candle. If I had a margarita it would calm me down some. Yikes did I say that?? What am I thinking? Bye I have work to do, ( old woman grumbles to self as she signs off)
gig.gif
Sweet!!! I just got my Favs from Fancy Favie. Didn't have as far to travel but still... Shipped eggs are shipped eggs... Best of luck!!! I set mine last night so i will have a hatch date of 7/12.

Oh yea #2 is my only good egg in the bunch- I saw movement so I'm not tossing that one! I plan on waiting before tossing any, although I'm pretty sure at least 4 are clear. Ill post a pic of my other maybe, I can't tell if there's a blood ring or not. Hoping for at least 2 of my 6 since I have 2 kids, I know they both really want one for each of them!

I just set 8 salmon Faverolles today, so my hatch date will be July 13. If any hatch, that is! These are shipped eggs, so I'm just hoping that at least a couple will hatch.

July 13 is way too far away, though!
tongue.png

Wow! So many people already!

So, originally, I was having 12 Salmon Faverolle eggs starting next week once they arrived, and potentially some Black Copper Marans.

This week, I met a wonderful woman who gave me 24 Black Copper Marans eggs and a dozen Frizzle mixes eggs. Her flock was beautiful. Many of the frizzles were Easter eggers, and others are silver spangled hamburg mixes. Beautiful!

So, I set 14 BCM and 10 frizzle eggs in a Brinsea incubator. I am borrowing a friend's styrofoam incubator to do the dozen salmon Faverolles and the rest of the BCM and Frizzle on Tuesday. I hope the eggs will be okay still! We'll see!

Neat, there are lots of us a hatching. This will be fun. I have never hatched fav's before. Do they usually hatch well and live well or are they like SLW and finicky as all get out. I had some slw chicks shipped to me. Out of 6 chicks 2 made it. The other chicks, Dels and GNH did not have a problem at all. They were just finicky.
So tell me about the Fav's.

Oh I had the BCM's they hatched good for me. Nice birds. Healthy too.

Last edited:
Just candled (day 8), looks like 3 have slight blood rings, but 1 of them is moving, so we'll see, also have 2 clear eggs, but the yolks are very defined, so giving them a bit longer too, otherwise all but 1 silkie egg is moving! Not too bad a start on shipped eggs, I only expected 1/2 at most to be good, and about 1/3 to hatch, so we'll see! SO EXCITED!!
wee.gif
Just to make things a little sweeter even, my day old chicks should be arriving early this coming week!!

Neat, there are lots of us a hatching.  This will be fun.  I have never hatched fav's before.  Do they usually hatch well and live well or are they like SLW and finicky as all get out.  I had some slw chicks shipped to me.  Out of 6 chicks 2 made it.  The other chicks, Dels and GNH did not have a problem at all.  They were just finicky.  
So tell me about the Fav's.  

Oh I had the BCM's they hatched good for me.  Nice birds.  Healthy too.  

This is my first time hatching anything. I'm very excited.

Back
Top Bottom