July Hatch-a-long

Well, due to a thermometer malfunction, my fav eggs may have cooked the very first day they were in the incubator.
hit.gif
The temp got up to 108. It would have only been for a few hours at the most, but I'm not sure how much hope to hold out for them. Anybody think there's any chance they could have survived the heat wave?

Well, due to a thermometer malfunction, my fav eggs may have cooked the very first day they were in the incubator. :hit The temp got up to 108. It would have only been for a few hours at the most, but I'm not sure how much hope to hold out for them. Anybody think there's any chance they could have survived the heat wave?

Oh no!!! :hit

I had that happen but it was more like day 3 or 4 and I wasn't sure how long. You could still have a chance though. Keep them in until day 7 and candle to see what you have. If you aren't sure take pics and post here. Someone will help you determine what you have.

I set 24 mixed Guinea Fowl eggs and 15 Jersey Giant eggs hoping for splash in this batch they are from Wynette so I know they will be great. Hatch's day for the Jerseys is the 14 of July and Guinea's its the July 21. I couldn't be more busier what was I thinking?

Kimmie

I'm bumming...I went away for the weekend and left hubby in charge and I'm not sure what went wrong but I candled tonight and I'm not seeing day 10 development in any of them :( my kids are going to lose it if we don't get any to hatch...maybe it's bc they're shipped eggs? But last time I shipped ducks (which I always assumed were way harder to hatch) we did so well!!!

I almost forgot day 10
#1 (this is originally the one I thought that was going to make it, but now I can't find an embryo)

Sweet!!! I just got my Favs from Fancy Favie. Didn't have as far to travel but still... Shipped eggs are shipped eggs...

Best of luck!!! I set mine last night so i will have a hatch date of 7/12.

I candled my shipped eggs I won in a contest, this is day 4 and I saw veins in every egg. And not one damaged aircell! So it is possible to get some decent eggs shipped. Mine came from GA.

Back
Top Bottom