Kalmbach or Nutrena (All flock)

chickmama2014

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hello,
We currently have 8 laying hens (with a silkie that needs higher protein). A trio of Old English Bantams and 7 three week old bantam chicks. I am feeding chick starter to the chicks and the rest get Kruse’s Perfection Super Flock. With oysters and crushed egg shells for the hens. I want to switch to one of these two feeds but really not sure between all the good reviews, for both feeds, what to go with. I do realize one is pellet and one is crumbles. Pellets they waste less but the crumbles are better for the tiny bantam chicks.
Should I just flip a coin!? 😂

Edit: now as I’m looking on the websites not just chewy I see they can not be fed to baby’s under 6 weeks. 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_1871.png
    IMG_1871.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1870.png
    IMG_1870.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Hello,
We currently have 8 laying hens (with a silkie that needs higher protein). A trio of Old English Bantams and 7 three week old bantam chicks. I am feeding chick starter to the chicks and the rest get Kruse’s Perfection Super Flock. With oysters and crushed egg shells for the hens. I want to switch to one of these two feeds but really not sure between all the good reviews, for both feeds, what to go with. I do realize one is pellet and one is crumbles. Pellets they waste less but the crumbles are better for the tiny bantam chicks.

Edit: now as I’m looking on the websites not just chewy I see they can not be fed to baby’s under 6 weeks. 🤦‍♀️

I would go with what's best for the chicks. (Crumble)

Brand doesn't matter to me.

Hello,

I have used both and like both! An All Flock can be fed to freshly hatched chicks, no issues.

I just caught your edit and apparently was just paying attention to your feed question and missed the ages.
I have 12 weeks olds on chick starter still in their coop that's attach to the bigger coop, but I don't worry about them eating the all-flock when out free ranging.

Sorry I missed that.
That’s ok! Ok good I just don’t want to mess up their growing by feeding the wrong thing. I think I’ll get nutrena flock raiser for the adults and their starter feed for the babes.

I have used both and like both! An All Flock can be fed to freshly hatched chicks, no issues.
Ooh that’s good to know. It’s obviously easier to feed all one thing but I am not against feeding separate if needed. Just lost my 13 year old lab last week and had to feed her separate from my poodle for the longest time. Just a part of owning animals of all different ages.

Ooh that’s good to know. It’s obviously easier to feed all one thing but I am not against feeding separate if needed. Just lost my 13 year old lab last week and had to feed her separate from my poodle for the longest time. Just a part of owning animals of all different ages.
I'm sorry about your lab :hugs Yeah you can feed everyone an All Flock, just be sure to have a separate container of oyster shell for your layers calcium needs.

I'm sorry about your lab :hugs Yeah you can feed everyone an All Flock, just be sure to have a separate container of oyster shell for your layers calcium needs.
Thank you 😢 it’s one of the most hardest decisions to make but we as owners have to be selfless. She had a good long 13 years of doing Labby things. Bird hunting, counter surfing, fetching, swimming. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom