Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

I probably won’t use them again. The roosters are one thing but the $25.00 Easter Eggers takes the cake!
I know that Lavender Orpingtons. are a somewhat rare variety, and do get pricey. (that hatchery did a bad switch mistake:old)
If you are still interested in that breed, a person on my Illinois thread, breeds them.. You could possibly request some hatching eggs. Most likely not chicks,, unless you are willing to travel to Chicago.

I know that Lavender Orpingtons. are a somewhat rare variety, and do get pricey. (that hatchery did a bad switch mistake:old)
If you are still interested in that breed, a person on my Illinois thread, breeds them.. You could possibly request some hatching eggs. Most likely not chicks,, unless you are willing to travel to Chicago.
I am interested but I won’t be doing that (incubating) at this time because of other things I have going on.
In the Spring I may want to.

My youngsters are coming into lay, and today I got my first Leghorn egg!!!
I don’t know if it was Lucy or Ethel as I didn’t witness the blessed event, but I love finding a nice white leghorn’s egg in the nest box again!
:love :yesss::celebrate:wee
1D6E7E14-BB96-490B-9001-3EE938F27E54.jpeg

I don’t know if it was Lucy or Ethel as I didn’t witness the blessed event, but I love finding a nice white leghorn’s egg in the nest box again!
View attachment 3244194
They are special eggs for certain! Congratulations! 🥂🍾

View attachment 3244194
Wow! Some of those are really big!

Back
Top Bottom