Kentucky people

thanks......the kids take it better than I would......a little tylenol and motrin and they are up and playing again.

Hope they are well enough to trick or treat.....Dr. said no fever for 24 hours and they can go out in public/school

Mrs. Turbo... double whammy.... sorry to hear that.... My DD just got over a week of the regular flu and now has a UTI... She's had them before but never with a fever and when left untreated gets to around 102.... not fun.... Eventhough I know she's not contagious, I can't send her to school....

The EE up front is soaked to her skin and her feet were full of mud, she must've had lots of fun finding worms n bugs today, the rest of the girls were dry. Even the Andalusian behind her is dry, her feathers are just growing back after a hard moult so she looks awful right now. The EEs feathers are growing back in a more uniform clean manner so she doesn't usually look so ragged.
1256674908.jpg

No it isn't... And trying to carry a 50lb bag of feed out there is awful especially when it rains, and of course that has to be when they run out of feed. So, I got a bucket and carried enough out to go a couple of days.

Quote:
Doesn't Layne have a wagon? Just put the bag on the wagon and roll it down the hill
lau.gif
Just be sure to point the handle towards the house, so it doesn't get stuck and flip the whole thing over
wink.png

Speaking of bags of feed... I have almost a full bag of Purina Layena pellets free to anyone wanting to come get them... Didn't realize the Layena came in both forms and grabbed the wrong bag... The girls won't eat it, so had to get them crumbles again... My loss your gain.

Quote:
Doesn't Layne have a wagon? Just put the bag on the wagon and roll it down the hill
lau.gif
Just be sure to point the handle towards the house, so it doesn't get stuck and flip the whole thing over
wink.png

No he doesn't but we have a wagon that goes behind the mower... But the tire is flat on the mower right now.

Wow!! The biggest deer I ever saw is out in my yard right now - I tried to chase it off earlier but it came back.... Must be one of those "global warming" mutant deer.

wait for it.....

P0004005.jpg

gig.gif
neighbor has been called on this cow a few times, he is figuring to get rid of it since he can't keep her in the pasture. She'd look mighty nice in my freezer
big_smile.png

Earlier she was almost in my front yard when Toby and I chased her off. Heavy thing is really tearing up the hayfield and yard with all the rain we've had
sad.png

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

Wow!! The biggest deer I ever saw is out in my yard right now - I tried to chase it off earlier but it came back.... Must be one of those "global warming" mutant deer.

wait for it.....

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/mojochickn/P0004005.jpg

gig.gif
neighbor has been called on this cow a few times, he is figuring to get rid of it since he can't keep her in the pasture. She'd look mighty nice in my freezer
big_smile.png

Earlier she was almost in my front yard when Toby and I chased her off. Heavy thing is really tearing up the hayfield and yard with all the rain we've had
sad.png

meri

I was searching the pic for a deer. You got me.​

Today was kind of interesting. I went to feed the Delcons ( part delaware part cornish) that I have, and one of the eleven month old roos was missing. But that isn't possible because they are locked up behind concrete block walls.

After feeding time I looked into the Cornish and Jersey pen and behind the tipped over 5 gallon waterer was a wet and muddy delcon roo. Hiding... Now the only roo in with the cornish is an seven month old Dark cornish roo who looks only three quarters his size. So I picked him up and put him back into his own pen. (The two Delcon roos are gentle.)

The delcons can get into the cornish but not out as the wire hangs down from the top and opens into the cornish side so once he got in he couldn't get out. I guess the skiddish Dark Cornish roo was a bit territorial.

Other news. The Broody cornish hen is still setting tightly. Now that the boody is gone from the other cornish, the three nest boxes are being used better. I saw all three being used today. Yeah!

I have one Delcorn hen who has laid three eggs in a row that look like they would be double yokers as the egg looks like a normal egg with half of another egg attached to it to make it extra long, with a rough ring around the center where the two eggs appear to be attached.

The oldest of my meat chickens are will be 13 weeks old this Saturday. I think I will process about 5 of them or half this comming Monday. That leaves my 10 week olds and my 7 week olds to process just before Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am going to need freezer space. Or to learn how to cook better.

Processing chickens is time consumming. I am tempted to just cut the skin off and cut them into pieces prior to eviserating them. If I cut down the side of the ribs and mid backbone I can remove the insides a lot easier. I have found a good pair of hand pruning sheers to be indespensable. Any hints would be welcome.

Back
Top Bottom