Loss of vent/belly feathers and ingrown feather sites

AstralTaco

In the Brooder
May 18, 2021
I have a chicken that has quite a few missing feathers between her vent and belly. It looks like they either fell out or got plucked out.
Further down (or up depending on how it's viewed) there are some bumps that appear to have a feather shaft in them, and one of them secreted a clear fluid when squeezed.

I checked her over and it doesn't appear that she has mites.
She also has had problems with egg binding previously.

I have a chicken that has quite a few missing feathers between her vent and belly. It looks like they either fell out or got plucked out.
Further down (or up depending on how it's viewed) there are some bumps that appear to have a feather shaft in them, and one of them secreted a clear fluid when squeezed.

I checked her over and it doesn't appear that she has mites.
She also has had problems with egg binding previously.
I will try to get pictures if I can

Attachments

• 20240626_153643.jpg
    20240626_153643.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240626_153639.jpg
    20240626_153639.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 3
It looks like she was plucked or pulled them out herself. Has she been acting broody? Are others bothering her? What are you feeding? Are they getting outside to roam around?

It looks like she was plucked or pulled them out herself. Has she been acting broody? Are others bothering her? What are you feeding? Are they getting outside to roam around?
She had some build up of debris prior to my leaving on a trip.
One of my hens passed away just the other night when it was noticed.
They are feeding normally and have lots of room to roam (and do frequently)
I haven't seen much agression between her and my other hen, and she doesn't seem broody (the other one is)

Back
Top Bottom