"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Prim, How are you holding up?  I know you are helping your friend right now.  I've been thinking about you both.  I went to the adoration chapel and lit a candle for him.  I hope he is at peace.  :hugs

Thanks, Cracked. Of course he doesn't get better. But, another friend of his has partnered with me and we coordinate by phone and text. He is experienced with this. Today we started the process to switch hospice care which will be a relief. Even though I'm still doing as much, the partnership has relieved me a lot. I'm trying to get him organized so I can keep things flowing and clean. I haven't attacked the bathroom, but a friend is coming from Houston tomorrow and leaving Friday and she said she would. If she doesn't I will suck it up and do it. Everyone is astonished at the progress I make on his bedroom. He is finally letting me do what needs to be done. Tomorrow is my day to meet my Mom's needs so the other friend will be there, but he is caring for family with MS and a Dad in a nursing home. Phew. I am not as overwhelmed as I was. I'm sort of responsible for his food and that's working out. I'm hoping to find a church group that will come cut his front yard. Plastic plates, forks and cups help. The hospice FINALLY brought bags for the colostomy and they were wrong!!!!!! I am over that hospice service. We had a great visit today. We talked and laughed like old times. It was nice. But he stayed in bed which is better for him. Pam has been a huge help as well as others on this wonderful thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cracked. Of course he doesn't get better. But, another friend of his has partnered with me and we coordinate by phone and text. He is experienced with this. Today we started the process to switch hospice care which will be a relief. Even though I'm still doing as much, the partnership has relieved me a lot. I'm trying to get him organized so I can keep things flowing and clean. I haven't attacked the bathroom, but a friend is coming from Houston tomorrow and leaving Friday and she said she would. If she doesn't I will suck it up and do it. Everyone is astonished at the progress I make on his bedroom. He is finally letting me do what needs to be done. Tomorrow is my day to meet my Mom's needs so the other friend will be there, but he is caring for family with MS and a Dad in a nursing home. Phew. I am not as overwhelmed as I was. I'm sort of responsible for his food and that's working out. I'm hoping to find a church group that will come cut his front yard. Plastic plates, forks and cups help. The hospice FINALLY brought bags for the colostomy and they were wrong!!!!!! I am over that hospice service.
For his yard, check with Catholic High School. The kids are usually required to have a certain number of service hours. If he's too far away for Catholic High School, I bet they could recommend a school/church that would love to help.

Ace bandage?
Don't laugh...I'm willing to spend the $20. if it works.  What are your thoughts on the crop bra?  The bird in question is Lucy (blue orpington)  She's a big bird.  I feel comfortable saying she has a pendulous crop.  Other threads talk about a sock...there's just WAY TOO MUCH of Lucy to fit into ANY sock!  That's why I'm thinking about the bra.  I also don't have time (at all) to try and make something.  The vet wrap was it the other day.  I even looked in the drugstore at their wraps and braces.  Saw a knee brace that had potential, but it was $30. and if it didn't fit, I don't think I could take it back after it had been on a chicken!  LOL...  What do you guys / gals / commandos think?
http://www.hensaver.com/Crop-Bra.html

Me too. Thanks!
Aan
Angel, I hope everything goes smoothly. If you need me to come over and use my cell phone or want me to go with you, just let me know. I can be pretty tough too. I'll help any way at all, just a few minutes away.

Thanks, Cracked. Of course he doesn't get better. But, another friend of his has partnered with me and we coordinate by phone and text. He is experienced with this. Today we started the process to switch hospice care which will be a relief. Even though I'm still doing as much, the partnership has relieved me a lot. I'm trying to get him organized so I can keep things flowing and clean. I haven't attacked the bathroom, but a friend is coming from Houston tomorrow and leaving Friday and she said she would. If she doesn't I will suck it up and do it. Everyone is astonished at the progress I make on his bedroom. He is finally letting me do what needs to be done. Tomorrow is my day to meet my Mom's needs so the other friend will be there, but he is caring for family with MS and a Dad in a nursing home. Phew. I am not as overwhelmed as I was. I'm sort of responsible for his food and that's working out. I'm hoping to find a church group that will come cut his front yard. Plastic plates, forks and cups help. The hospice FINALLY brought bags for the colostomy and they were wrong!!!!!! I am over that hospice service. We had a great visit today. We talked and laughed like old times. It was nice. But he stayed in bed which is better for him. Pam has been a huge help as well as others on this wonderful thread. Thanks.
You truly are a wonderful person!

Thanks, Cracked. Of course he doesn't get better. But, another friend of his has partnered with me and we coordinate by phone and text. He is experienced with this. Today we started the process to switch hospice care which will be a relief. Even though I'm still doing as much, the partnership has relieved me a lot. I'm trying to get him organized so I can keep things flowing and clean. I haven't attacked the bathroom, but a friend is coming from Houston tomorrow and leaving Friday and she said she would. If she doesn't I will suck it up and do it. Everyone is astonished at the progress I make on his bedroom. He is finally letting me do what needs to be done. Tomorrow is my day to meet my Mom's needs so the other friend will be there, but he is caring for family with MS and a Dad in a nursing home. Phew. I am not as overwhelmed as I was. I'm sort of responsible for his food and that's working out. I'm hoping to find a church group that will come cut his front yard. Plastic plates, forks and cups help. The hospice FINALLY brought bags for the colostomy and they were wrong!!!!!! I am over that hospice service. We had a great visit today. We talked and laughed like old times. It was nice. But he stayed in bed which is better for him.

I would bet money if you went to the nearest church they would help with the yard and paper plates etc.

I know your mom has only met me once briefly, but if you ever get to a point where you need to attend to your friend but don't want to leave your mom, I would be happy to come over. I could sit and visit, get her a bite to eat, etc if you think she would be comfortable.

I know your mom has only met me once briefly, but if you ever get to a point where you need to attend to your friend but don't want to leave your mom, I would be happy to come over. I could sit and visit, get her a bite to eat, etc if you think she would be comfortable.

You are so precious! She would actually love to sit and visit with you. Mom needs some care, but next to my friend she is spry. She walks and warms/puts together her meals. My daughter sends her meals and I cook once a week. She can't fold clothes any more and dresses slowly, but does fairly well. But, one day I may need to call you and she would love it. My friend is going down much faster. It has been alarming.

Last edited:
I ovate you. (Sounds kind of bad, doesn't it?) My pictures and ovations aren't there...again!
A great kindness. A "play it forward"...

We should all do at least one kind "thing" in honor of Prim's friend.

Back
Top Bottom