Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Some pictures...

Here's little Sneakers before my shoeing attempts

The fluffy butt beside her is a Silver Ameraucana x Speckled Sussex. (Question: If the rooster is SS and the hen is SA, is it "SS over SA" or "SA over SS"?)

And here are my Basques!!! I have 8 so far, including little Sneakers and one which seems to have leg issues but just hatched this morning.

Soooooooooo cute! I can't offer any help on the toe issues, sorry.

Quote: Thanks! That's what I have been saying, but then I started to doubt myself.
idunno.gif

A cuckoo maran x production red just hatched. Poor thing is too weak. Don't think it's gonna make it
hmm.png

Also I have a BLACK Production Red chick! Anyone every hear of this? (I know for a fact it is pure production red)

Last edited:

Pip #3 still no zipping but it has motivated me to check the heat lamp and get the brooder ready. Nothing like being in "labor" to get you going.
lau.gif
One of my pips (not this egg) is one of Renee's I/P eggs!
wee.gif
Oh and my turkey eggs arrived all safe and sound from thebirdguy for the Cinco De Mayo hatch! Best of all DH will be home in about four hours!!!! Great day all around!
wee.gif

A cuckoo maran x production red just hatched. Poor thing is too weak. Don't think it's gonna make it
hmm.png

Also I have a BLACK Production Red chick! Anyone every hear of this? (I know for a fact it is pure production red)

Anything can happen with a PR. They're a cross breed that doesn't breed true.

I have a pip!
celebrate.gif
My RIRs normally pip on day19- 20 (today) so it doesn't surprise me. I did, however, have another of those moments where I thought I was losing my mind when I heard the peeping.
lau.gif

Oh, one more thing, the toilet tissue rings that I tried to use as egg holders? Complete fail! As soon as the humidity got to them, they unraveled and laid the eggs on their sides. I guess you don't learn if you don't experiment!

Hatching eggs has been a humbling experience, for me anyway. Always more to learn.

Back
Top Bottom