Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

those are really pretty... No more breeds for me. Just got a heritiage red rhode island red rooster for a friend, I am going to set sum eggs tonight (Shipped Eggs) hope to get a trio. I don't have much luck with shipped eggs. But could fine heritiage red close. Have to many breeds going already...

Oh no more reading and learning I'll never get anything done. Have to go feed horses and chickens now be back in a little while. Been trying to keep up with the post as it is. What fun this has been Hatching together.

A little Easter chick cuteness! 22 in the pic and three in the bator still drying. I still have a few more pips too!
wee.gif

This is the one with the mahogany color on it's head. I don't know what color this is but it is pretty

Is it just me or does the chick on the left scream ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
gig.gif

Well my hatch is done. I had a good look throught he lid of the incubator to see shell on the rack - yay! My one last remaining live egg! Had a look at the egg - no pip. Huh? Shoved in my egg manouvering knitting needle to roll the egg slightly - pipped at the wrong end. Stick fast, completely shrink wrapped. Oops. Removed egg, moistened membrane, put back egg. Seemed fine. Checked again half hour later, chick dead. On eggtopsy was unabsorbed yolk and had pipped through a blood vessel, always a risk when chick is upside down. So, that's me all done and dusted, incubator off, grand total of 0 out of 24.

hit.gif

This has NEVER happened to me before.

/\
hugs.gif
Awww, so sorry for you! That has to be horrible!
hugs.gif
Never having had a successful hatch, yet, myself, I can only imagine.

I apologize.
hide.gif
My moment of despair has passed. I can extend his leg, and he can push with it. There is a weird knob, but I am hoping we can get to a point where he (seriously, hopefully, she) can walk, limp or no. I think some chick PT is in order.

And where the heck is everybody?

goodpost.gif
The level of adorable there in that picture is actually dangerous!
th.gif
Someone could injure themselves!
On a side note, I hope your chick heals up and gets better!
fl.gif

10,000 posts!
ep.gif

ep.gif
is right!

Quote:
/\ I definitely understand both of those quotes, especially right now - I have no - repeat, NO - pips at all, AND my bulb blew out at some point over the last couple of hours! The temp was down to 85!!
he.gif
hit.gif

I fear this one may be as big a bust as my first attempt... not sure how I can improve it, or if I'm willing to try again anytime soon!

I got nuttin' here.......

/\ You are NOT alone!
hugs.gif

Quote: /\ x2 on this question... really want an answer!

Well, it looks like my total will be 25 out of 50 set. I have 19 in the rubbermaid brooder, and 6 mor under a broody. I will go to page 1 and post my total. I started with 26 BLRW eggs but only hatched 9. Everything else hatched well especially the eggs fro mrheinz77. His eggs accounted for almost 50% of my hatch even though they were only 1/3 of what I set.

Mahonri, is that military time?

I think my hatch is done but I'm leaving the rest of the eggs in the incubator until tomorrow. then I have some wheaton and blue wheaton ameraucanas that need to go in, and some lemon blue bantam cochins (or phantom coaches according to my voice recognition) a few days later for hatching.

This is the one with the mahogany color on it's head. I don't know what color this is but it is pretty
That is a seriously gorgeous color!

And I'm in trouble now. I think the singleton Ameraucana is going to be blue. As it dries, it's starting to lighten. I LOVE blue chickens. If that is the case, I will have to find someone to go with it! DH suggested maybe it's just a girl with BIG feet. If that's the case, maybe I can just add it to the egg flock.

Deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom