Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:
LOL! That is exactly what I thought....seriously........what is that?

It's gotta be the mamma's poo. I suspect those chicks were under a broody and that's why it says that one of the chicks got eaten (by mom, I'm guessing). Broodies save up their poo and go all at once in big globs. And it smells extra special, too, because of all that hard work of hatching chicks.
lau.gif

I ended up with 21 chicks of 24 eggs set. So an 88% hatch rate. When is the Turkey hatchalong?? I have turkey eggs coming in the mail sometime this week, but they may be late. Update on my son: He is doing better and finally able to have jello, broth, and juice after having nothing for four days. He may be able to come home tomorrow. That would mean I can too lol been here since Fri, so ready to sleep.
barnie.gif

Good news all the way around, you have been and are in my prayers.

Quote: Like many others, I was wondering about that also.
lau.gif

Well Unless someone has had no hatch at all I will be in the running for the Worst hatch. I have one lone chick. Out of 32 set. All but 5 developed but died a few days before the lockdown. They were full developed but had lots of yoke left. Don't know what went wrong! The ones that died were mostly ameracaunas.

My one lone Silky chick.
Aww, it's a cute little lone chick!
smile.png

I candled last night and out of all those that didn't hatch there was movement out of 3 more eggs. So I left those 3 in to cook a little more. I reckon they aren't quite done yet.
From the Easter hatch!?!? Best wishes for them. [I have eggs starting to pip today from my next batch, set three days later.]

It's gotta be the mamma's poo. I suspect those chicks were under a broody and that's why it says that one of the chicks got eaten (by mom, I'm guessing). Broodies save up their poo and go all at once in big globs. And it smells extra special, too, because of all that hard work of hatching chicks.
lau.gif

Oh my yes - I have 9 broodies that get off the nest to greet me in the morning and WOW! <cough cough watering eyes> its special alright
sickbyc.gif

I was too polite to ask about the poo, I was thinking broody poo but that stinks so bad - it would have been cleaned up fast. Got "poo" on my mind 'cause everyone was asking about it but, got no reply. Went out to check some plants for frost damage and nearly got poo on my shoe thanks to the neighbors who must think it looks better by my house than theirs.Think I got jinxed from seeing the poo picture . Oh poo

hi everyone looks like i will not be done hatching anytime soon i did a float test on the remaining eggs today i have wiggles lots of wiggles also when i picked one up luckly i heard it chirp at me so i was like ok crud did i just hurt this chick by opening it up and taking it out of incubator and did i hurt any other ones that i float tested so i quickly went to out in back in the incubator and as soon as i went to put it down it piped right in my hand i liked to pass out it kind of scared me a little lol luckly i did not drop it got it back in. The hummidity was still in the high 60's when i shut the lid

Please remember to report how many chicks you hatched.

Please PM me your vote for Overall Best Hatch Participant.

Back
Top Bottom