Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

I got my Brinsea mini advance I won yesterday!!! woohoo, can't wait to fire that baby up and try her out!!!
celebrate.gif

clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I'm kinda upset because I messaged the seller of the quail eggs. I told her I incubated them in 3 different incubators with eggs from all over and had eggs hatch from everyone except hers. None of hers even developed. .but to have 0 of 30+ eggs even develop with that many incubators and that many eggs is ridiculous.

I had something similar happen to some eggs that I bought...they sent 16 eggs, had 15 clears and only 1 went into lockdown (but died before hatching)! Sent an email to the seller but haven't heard anything. It's kinda depressing when it's eggs that you really wanted to hatch!! Fortunately, the seller wasn't anyone here on BYC!

I moved my Easter chicks out to the ginormous brooder in the coop (with their EcoGlow 50) this past weekend. They are loving the extra space - it's large enough for 50 chicks for five weeks; I have 27 chicks in it. The rest of the flock is VERY interested in the noise from it; some pullets jump on it and look down through the wire at them.

I moved mine out to one of the 8X8 grow out pens and they are growing like crazy.

Sad thing is, it looks like most of the sulmtalers that hatched will be ROOS!

Congrats silkymom! That's awesome!!!

I got a very cute little crocheted chick in the mail. It is adorable! I'm going to stick a magnet on the back and put it on my fridge.
smile.png
Thanks Notinoz!

Last edited:
Congrats silkymom! That's awesome!!!

I got a very cute little crocheted chick in the mail. It is adorable! I'm going to stick a magnet on the back and put it on my fridge.
smile.png
Ha! This is EXACTLY what I am going to do with mine! and yes congratulations to you Silkymom.... Color me green about that one! LOL

Congrats silkymom! Hope that it hatches eggs well for ya! Also congrats to everyone, and thank you all for the fun here! :)

I will be 24 in November 16.

Back
Top Bottom