Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Fimished re-doing the pantry, got the dog washed, got feed for the animals (they've been going thru it since I mowed the pasture too short! 🤪 ) Was supposed to send some bunnies to freezer camp todat but ran out of time (and energy). ☕ isn't helping.

I need to build a new thing to store feed - its become a home for bugs of the creepy crawly kind, and shares building with the pantry... (*which is why everything in the pantry is now in clear plastic storage totes of new shelves.

I need to build a new thing to store feed - its become a home for bugs of the creepy crawly kind, and shares building with the pantry... (*which is why everything in the pantry is now in clear plastic storage totes of new shelves.
Any ideas in mind?

Would a chest freezer work? Turned off, just using it as a sealed container. 🤔

I have a neighbor who used 2 old big chest freezers for all his feed. They work really well. Insulated and have a seal. I used to feed his animals when he and his wife went out of town. Never saw bugs or mice in his feed. They were always clean and dry. He had chickens, turkeys, guineas, ducks, goats and a couple pigs. He bought all his feed in bulk.

Look around for a local person who repairs appliances. We still have a few handyman types around here. Someone like this may have access to a non-repairable unit they will give you. Worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom