Mind if I smoke? 🥩🍖

Pics
I have some Guava wood for smoking and BBQ from last year after I heavily pruned a couple of trees. They have sprouted again so by next year I'll some more to work with. Guava is a fast grower. Mixes well with other woods I hear. I've cooked a suckling pig using guava. Not bad.

I have some Guava wood for smoking and BBQ from last year after I heavily pruned a couple of trees. They have sprouted again so by next year I'll some more to work with. Guava is a fast grower. Mixes well with other woods I hear. I've cooked a suckling pig using guava. Not bad.
The nicest smoke I have smelled is olive tree wood

This should be a great thread.
I started smoking 20 years ago with a cheap barrel smoker, which I still have. I the received a propane smoker a few years later as a gift, which I still have. I fought the whole pellet smoker idea when my friends and cousin's all started buying them, and thinking they knew how to smoke meat. I thought it was cheating, but I bought GMG 2 years ago and I love it, life is easy now. It's still cheating, and they still don't know how to smoke meat, but I'm in!

This should be a great thread.
I started smoking 20 years ago with a cheap barrel smoker, which I still have. I the received a propane smoker a few years later as a gift, which I still have. I fought the whole pellet smoker idea when my friends and cousin's all started buying them, and thinking they knew how to smoke meat. I thought it was cheating, but I bought GMG 2 years ago and I love it, life is easy now. It's still cheating, and they still don't know how to smoke meat, but I'm in!
:highfive: welcome we need your experience!
🤫 pellet smokers are cheating!

do you have pics of your smokers?

:highfive: welcome we need your experience!
🤫 pellet smokers are cheating!

do you have pics of your smokers?
No, I am at work right now, so i don't even have the ability to take some pics. But the barrel smoker was the cheap Brinkman from one of the big box stores, I think it was like$50 back then, I think it's $100 now. If you learn to smoke on one of those, you can smoke on anything. The propane one is a cabinet smoker, I believe its a Masterbuilt, it's not a bad smoker for $250. My new GMG is the Daniel Boone prime with wifi.

More beef ribs 20210703_190806.jpg 20210724_183604.jpg 20210724_183651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom