Mind if I smoke? 🥩🍖

Pics
My buddy brought some steaks to work the other night and we cooked them up. He seasoned them and I grilled them. I have to say they were some of the best steaks I've cooked in a long time.

I typically just use SPG and some butter. Well my buddy did a quick marinade. He poured a little dales, worchestire, and sweet and spicy tobasco on each side of the steak. Then a coat of sure shot sid's gunpowder seasoning. They only "marinade" for 5 or 10 minutes so it's not overwhelming and you still get the full beef flavor. It adds just enough for a unique taste.

I cooked some at the house and took some pics. This is going to be my goto recipe from here on out....

20230313_182130.jpg

20230313_185601.jpg

20230313_190420.jpg

Last edited:
My buddy brought some steaks to work the other night and we cooked them up. He seasoned them and I grilled them. I have to say they were some of the best steaks I've cooked in a long time.

I typically just use SPG and some butter. Well my buddy did a quick marinade. He poured a little dales, worchestire, and sweet and spicy tobasco on each side of the steak. Then a coat of sure shot sid's gunpowder seasoning. They only "marinade" for 5 or 10 minutes so it's not overwhelming and you still get the full beef flavor. It adds just enough for a unique taste.

I cooked some at the house and took some pics. This is going I be my goto recipe from here on out....

View attachment 3437269

View attachment 3437270

View attachment 3437271
mmmmm that looks just devine!

Currently all we have is a Weber Kettle that I want to add the rotisserie to. With some many chicken candidates some of them need to be slow smoked whole with some Granny Smith Apples replacing the vital organs that have been removed. I do whole Boston Butts and Briskets using the Ring of Fire method on the kettle so there is almost no need for adjustments during a 12 hour smoke.

Back
Top Bottom