Minnesota!

stopped by Aussies, took the grandkids ( they adopted me as grandma couple years ago and im Ok with it ) I also took new puppy over and he did pretty good, He only irritated her dogs a few times...Aussies babies were very well behaved and patient with my little brat.. but he did stick by us with no leash and had fun he slept all the way home and then went straight to bed when we got here,,Lol little thing is worn out...

WOW!!! Dream Life! how great is that is so great! Wish I had a place like that. Who's kids? Too cute.

WOW!!! Dream Life! how great is that is so great! Wish I had a place like that. Who's kids? Too cute.
Quote:
Had so much fun. 8AM all day long. The Rat Pack and every generation like the Temptations, Ella Fitzgerald and Ray Charles makes music for everyone. OMG great music and the best people ever. End it up with drinks and cards against humanity. Best day ever.
People is what makes life. Love em all.

My nieces kids, my nieces mom (my sister in law ) died when she was young and I sorta took over the mother role.. And Aussie's place is beautiful and calming...

Those are my alpacas & Coffee's grand kids. It was so nice to have them over today. I love the chance to help educate children on animal care & training. They were great! Coffee's GD has quite the information bank, it helps to be able to apply what she has learned. As a past scout leader & Sunday school teacher, I like presenting kids with something new. You never know what will grow from the seeds you plant today.

I'm so thankful for the strange twists & turns that life has taken, only to find special people at the end! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Blanch you are welcome to come on up. I'm 10 miles closer then Ralphie.

Last edited:
You can Google lots of pictures of fowl pox.  They come in dry and wet, and they are like a chicken with chicken pox, it is also the same kind of virus.  Could it be there is some dry blood on them from scrapping?  On the combs especially, it will look like black dots and not easily flake unless there is a whole bunch of it.  If you haven't treated your flock for external parasites, that is an option if you think it is mites or something but pox start as lumps like pimples then break into a open pox.  Options for either are limited as it is a virus.  

I'll post some photos. I'd be very happy if it was (just) pecking.

oh my gosh, some of you can stay up late! I finally got old enough where being up at 10 pm is a rarity. funny how you think you will never ever hit that point when you are younger!

Blanch, you set a gorgeous table. love the pics.

Aussiegal and Coffee, sounds like a wonderful time. Great that the kids got to see and be with the animals.

I have a friend/neighbor down the road who has alpacas. We arent close friends or anything, but run into each other at social events. The company she worked for went out of business last year so she lost her job. Just found out she has lost her house , it went up for sheriff's auction and she and the alapacas, livestock dog, house dogs, barn cats, housecats have to be out by April. I feel badly because while we are not close, I wish I had known and could have encouraged her to get her place up for sale. She is in her mid 60's, worked hard her whole life, has health problems. And to be facing this?

I think it is hard to find someone to buy alpacas, and probably hard to just find a home for them. She clearly probably can't find a place to rent that allow all the house dogs. Can't really think of much I can do to support her except keep in contact and just be there. I kept thinking of her this thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom