MJ's little flock

Sounds like Pegsy knows what she is doing!
She's definitely doing well with her eggs so far.

It was hot yesterday but the mister kept her from over heating.

Twelve more days to go, assuming she doesn't abandon the nest (the most minor of my worries).

Isn't it lovely! Such a deep colour. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so bold. Or scented. For some reason, I thought it was only the species frangipanis that were scented and that the cultivars were scentless.
A lot of the hybrids have little or no scent. I just put in a Singapore frangipani @ my son's place. Should be highly scented.

Blossy is never truly at ease with Mary.

IMG_2022-01-12-20-20-10-391~2.jpg

Maybe Mary was offensive?

IMG_2022-01-12-20-20-21-865~2.jpg

Mary, Janet and Ivy decided to spend most of today in the back porch as it was rather hot.

Mary dropped a lot of feathers. I seem to recall she moulted aseasonally last year too 🤔 I'll have to search for a post.

View attachment 2956741

And @LozzyR and @Aussie-Chookmum and @Ribh - the pink frangi has popped a flower up for the first time since I've known it (about 3 years). It's quite a dark and bright shade of pink and it smells sort of citrussy.

View attachment 2956742
If it's any consolation MJ, all three of my girls are moulting at the moment. Looks like they have finally reached the pincushion stage and are all looking very disheveled.

PXL_20220111_232815168.jpg
PXL_20220111_232833247.jpg

Beautiful frangipani :love

Back
Top Bottom