MJ's little flock

I suppose I could try fixing the no-slip stuff to the side of the ladder.
If you do, pull it tighter than I did. I think it's a little too loose here and there on the new ramp.

It's not a trip hazard, but it moves a little under their feet. I'd prefer it didn't do that.

Even with her arthritis Hattie was still climbing and jumping. She made this jump on Saturday prior to her treatment beginning. That's one of the reasons I wasn't treating her. It seemed when she wanted to do things she could. The limp last Wed really changed things for her.

View attachment 3624293
Great shot just before the jump. She looks like an athlete deeply concentrating on her action.
Apart from sitting a lot or obvious pains, are there physical signs of arthritis, like swollen hocks or feet, or ways to tell of a chicken has that ? What exam did the vet do for a diagnosis?
I’m beginning to wonder if Nougat who developed a phobia of the ramp.when we first installed it wouldn't actually have arthritis.
If you do, pull it tighter than I did. I think it's a little too loose here and there on the new ramp.

It's not a trip hazard, but it moves a little under their feet. I'd prefer it didn't do that.
Does it seem to bother them ?

I think I will also use some kind of no-slip once it gets colder and mites fall asleep. I need to find something I can take off seasonally though!

Tonight Katie's gone up first.

IMG_2023-09-01-17-52-54-812.jpg

And back down again :lau

Oh boy. Too much action to document. Lots of up and down from Katie, Edie and Ivy!

Once Mary went up, everyone decided it was time to be serious about settling down for the night.

I made a video instead of photos but now I need to sit and think about platforms. Maybe vimeo.

Back
Top Bottom