MJ's little flock

Oh no! There's a piece of Welsummer egg shell on the ground :(

IMG_2024-10-18-18-08-25-785.jpg

I have no further info at this time, but I'll be taking a good look later on when its dark and the other hens are asleep. I suppose I'll have to cut the other eggs away from her sticky feathers and give her a wash and blow dry while the other eggs slowly go cold.

I am not lucky when it comes to hatching.

Last edited:
Oh no! There's a piece of Welsummer egg shell on the ground :(

View attachment 3967659

I have no further info at this time, but I'll be taking a good look later on when its dark and the other hens are asleep. I suppose I'll have to cut the other eggs away from her sticky feathers and give her a wash and blow dry while the other eggs slowly go cold.

I am not lucky when it comes to hatching.
Ooh, how awful šŸ˜¢
And the only one who could have done it is Mary?

If you need to wash her:
Do you have an old fashioned soft hot water bottle? Fill it with bath temp water and wrap it in a soft cloth. Or put a warm fleece on top of the eggs.

Better not wash the eggs. And certainly not with detergent.

I would get myself a small incubator asap (+thermo/hygrometer) and turn it on directly after arrival. Give the peeping eggs back to Mary at day 18-19.

Ooh, how awful šŸ˜¢
And the only one who could have done it is Mary?

If you need to wash her:
Do you have an old fashioned soft hot water bottle? Fill it with bath temp water and wrap it in a soft cloth. Or put a warm fleece on top of the eggs.

Better not wash the eggs. And certainly not with detergent.

I would get myself a small incubator asap (+thermo/hygrometer) and turn it on directly after arrival. Give the peeping eggs back to Mary at day 18-19.
Remember this is all about giving Mary the broody experience; it is not about growing the flock.

Back
Top Bottom