Muscovy eggs on Day 33! Pipping? I'm a complete novice!

Imndixie

Chirping
Apr 1, 2024
Today is day 33 for my 5 muscovy eggs. They are trying to pip but don't see their beak yet nor do I hear chirping. I am a COMPLETE novice and don't mind admitting it! I've made it this far and my nerves are shattered. Should I put them in lock down? All are moving. I see shadows where they are trying to push/break air sack. One I believe has actually pipped but don't hear any chirping. I've read/studied everything I possibly can and looked at pics & videos. I'm just not sure. Need a confidence booster from you guys that have more experience than I do! T H A N K Y O U!!!

It looks like they are moving down on one side. All still have good movement this evening. I did put them in lockdown. Lowered temp to 98.5 and upped humidity to 65-70%.

Today is day 33 for my 5 muscovy eggs. They are trying to pip but don't see their beak yet nor do I hear chirping. I am a COMPLETE novice and don't mind admitting it! I've made it this far and my nerves are shattered. Should I put them in lock down? All are moving. I see shadows where they are trying to push/break air sack. One I believe has actually pipped but don't hear any chirping. I've read/studied everything I possibly can and looked at pics & videos. I'm just not sure. Need a confidence booster from you guys that have more experience than I do! T H A N K Y O U!!!
Yes definitely lock them down now.
Try to wait patiently and avoid opening the incubator. Just keep an eye out for bruising/discolouration on the shell, if the shells look good, then leave them to it.

Hatching is always a nerve wracking but exciting time, wishing you the best! :)

Definitely nerve wracking! I did check this morning. 1 egg is rocking (#6). The other 4 are all drawn down & can see movement but not rocking yet. Hard to see without opening the incubator.

It is day 35! 3 have definitely pipped! Can see their beaks! The other 2 are making progress. Fingers crossed they all 5 make it. This is so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Had no clue what I was doing and thankful this forum gave me the insight to at least get to the finish line. I will update the progress . If nothing else I can use my own posts for the next hatch!

I definitely will! My stray Muscovy "Miss Tilly" is on her 3rd clutch. She took them directly to the pond and both were gone within 3 days. I snitched 6 eggs (5 remaining in the incubator). She's currently sitting on 10-15 eggs for about 18 days now. I know they won't survive. I candled 2 & they were fertile. She trusts me and follows me when I feed her. I'm slowly getting her closer to the duck pen hubby has set up for me. Should I snitch more & help her?

Today is day 36 & I have 3 zips! One zipped last night & 2 today. The other 2 eggs are still moving but not zipped yet. Slow process. Come on baby ducks!

Back
Top Bottom