(My First Double Yolker!!!) Keeping updated... RESULTS OF CANDLING

That would be sad to have happen. But I'm going for it. I'm afraid to handle them because my hands are oily, and sweat a lot. I don't want to cause any unnecessary issues. Thanks for the encouragement though! I really appreciate it!

I wonder... would a cloth glove work if I only used them to turn the eggs? I just went out looking for some new gloves, and got stuck with a two pack since that was all I could find. Maybe I could use the extra gloves for egg turning? Any thoughts on this?

Alrighty... incubator is set up. Egg (plus a few extra for grins and giggles) are going in tomorrow. Will keep posting with updates for those following this thread.
thumbsup.gif

Well, our new bator is up and going, but still not putting the eggs in. Ugh! The darn digital thermometer/hygrometer combo is showing too low of humidity, and shouldn't be for how much water is in there. (I've used this kind of bator before.) I filled all resevoirs (sp) plus added two little bowls of water and it still reads less than 60% humidity. We last used it in May, so maybe the hygrometer went bad since then? My husband is going to pick up a new one on his way home from work, then we'll see what happens. Oh man I'm going nuts! Getting my eggs in a bator keeps getting postponed and I can't take it! lol Please pray that it's just the hygrometer gone bad! I've decided to add 6 other eggs in with the double yolker. Just for fun.
smile.png

PLEASE BE THE HYGROMETER!!!!

You were worried talking about moving the eggs by tilting the whole thing but were worried about the water bowls spilling. If you're still trying to avoid touching them by hand, maybe you could put a piece of brand new sponge in each bowl? That would retain the water for moisture but wouldn't be just a bowl of water sloshing around if you moved the 'bator. Not sure if you have any fill holes, but it might allow you to use a tube or syringe to add more water (if needed) easily, too, you'd just have to hit the sponge and not worry about it going up the side and over the edge of a bowl.
Good luck!

Quote:
What would that do? I really don't understand what is going on. The temp reads good, but the humidity doesn't. The lid is on right, and there is more water in there than needs to be (Even more than would be needed for the last three days... and it's still reading low!) What is going on??? I have the new thermometer/hygrometer in there, plus put a new battery in the old one, and it's still not reading right. ARGH!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom