my hen has a lump in her throat

thechooks22

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
Queensland, Australia
This morning when i was feeding my silver laced wyandotte i found that one of them is having trouble breathing so i picked her up and felt her neck and she had a lump in it ....We opened her mout
h and shined a light down it to have a look (because it was up the top of her neck ..near where the very back of the tounge ) and there is a corn coloured thing at the enterance of her wund pipe ......we think it may be tonsilitis but not sure ...in the few seconds we had her mouth open i managed to get a photo ......does anyone know what it is ? Or how to cure it?

Thankyou ....i google it and we think the same thing ...i had never heard of a canker ....by the time i saw your message all the vet around us were closed so we couldnt buy any medicine for her so we will tre tomorrow

Naunie, Thank you so much for this link on trichomonas. I have been treating a hen incorrectly! Thanks to you she is now on the mends! The pic in the chooks 22 posting you replied to looked exactly like my hen. Thank you again!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom