Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
dwegz
I may have a couple of buff orpingtons hatching this weekend (if all goes well) - I also will be putting some black copper marans eggs in the incubator at the end of April. I will let you know how the buff hatch goes and then if your interested you could get a couple of those. I also have some buff chicks coming from a hatchery next week. If they make the mail ok, I would probably be willing to give up one or two of those as well. If you are willing to wait and my BCM hatch goes well, I would definitely be willing to share some of them as well. Let me know.

Jenny

Quote:
Where is Dorchester?

Dorchester is east of Exeter, the Saline Center always has a big consignment auction every spring with some live stock.Lots of chickens of all kinds, geese, ducks, turkeys, peafowl, bunnies, goats, and a few mini horses this year. Also cages and feeders etc.
Along with a huge assortment that you would find at a farm machinery auction. Lasted all day. With 6 rings going.
I picked up a drake and four hens, I was told they were rouen x but the hens are black with a little white around the neck and brown on the breast so I think maybe rouen x cayuga? I left my camera at my Moms so when I get it back I will post pics to see what breed everyone thinks they are.

Quote:
Where is Dorchester?

Dorchester is east of Exeter, the Saline Center always has a big consignment auction every spring with some live stock.Lots of chickens of all kinds, geese, ducks, turkeys, peafowl, bunnies, goats, and a few mini horses this year. Also cages and feeders etc.
Along with a huge assortment that you would find at a farm machinery auction. Lasted all day. With 6 rings going.
I picked up a drake and four hens, I was told they were rouen x but the hens are black with a little white around the neck and brown on the breast so I think maybe rouen x cayuga? I left my camera at my Moms so when I get it back I will post pics to see what breed everyone thinks they are.

My family goes to that Saline Auction every year. I've made it to a few but it's quite a drive for us, good stuff though!!

Thats where I got my starter chichens and 2 geese last year. I got 8 chickens and still have 7 of them lost one to internal laying and lost one goose to one of my BAD dogs. I was suprised to see a lot of silkies there this year and the call ducks they had were to die for!

Couldn't make it this year, maybe next year! Glad you picked up a few animals though! Sorry about the goose, my dog's killed 3 of my chickens, if he got one of my geese, he'd be looking for a new home!! Palmyra's a bit of a drive for us as well, I'm a wimp and like to stay close to home!!
hide.gif

I am sorry, Dwegz

I am not the one that has the BCM chickens.

Oh and about the silkies, the only thing about raising one from a chick is that you really cant tell if it will be a boy or girl from chickhood. If Omaha has an Orsheln's, they sometimes have silkies in their bantam st run bin. I got one just last week here in Lincoln. Look for a chick with feathered feet and a black beak and toes.

The auction, you can never tell what they have. They usually have a FEW chicks but they sell them all together in one box, and its normally about 12 or more in a box, so that probably wouldnt be the way to go for you. NOrmally its for older chickens, roosters, breeding pairs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom