North Carolina

hello nursebecky, where at up north are you from? lived in michigan for 16 years then moved here in 1984. love it here but do miss the snow. was trying to attach her message to this. still trying to figure some of this stuff out. guess i'll have to ask my daughter how to do anything regarding a computer. lol

Last edited:
No snow on my end...just lots of gusty wind and rain...as if we NEEDED more of that junk!! My run is a swamp, my yard around my lawn is a moat and it's mush everywhere in between!! I would really like a few days of say 70 degree weather to just dry us out!! I seriously saw the ducks drinking from the mud puddles IN the run...I was rather disgusted with it...LOL Once the hubby comes back from being out of town, I think I will need to get him to bring a load of straw or something to put down in the run!!

I hope everyone is warm, safe & dry (chicks included). Have a great night. I'm off to fold diapers and maybe kill time watching something on PBS called Downtown Abby... it's a British show with some Scottish accents...I don't know what it's about, but I am ALL game...LOL

No snow on my end...just lots of gusty wind and rain...as if we NEEDED more of that junk!! My run is a swamp, my yard around my lawn is a moat and it's mush everywhere in between!! I would really like a few days of say 70 degree weather to just dry us out!! I seriously saw the ducks drinking from the mud puddles IN the run...I was rather disgusted with it...LOL Once the hubby comes back from being out of town, I think I will need to get him to bring a load of straw or something to put down in the run!!

I hope everyone is warm, safe & dry (chicks included). Have a great night. I'm off to fold diapers and maybe kill time watching something on PBS called Downtown Abby... it's a British show with some Scottish accents...I don't know what it's about, but I am ALL game...LOL

Same here in Franklin County.. I threw a whole bunch of straw in the run today to try and cut down on some of the muddy slush that it is. The chickens stay right out in it. They have under the coop which is dry and inside and they rather be out in the rain. Crazy chicks!! Stay warm and have a great night all !!
smile.png

From experience......straw + mud = CEMENT!! LOL

Sorry jaha :( i lost one 3 days ago as well. Its tough.

I'm sorry for your loss :( it is really tough

Sadly Ginger didn't make it :'(

So sorry, hugs to you and family. 

Thank you so much

Sadly Ginger didn't make it :'(
Sorry for your loss. We lost our oldest and friendliest hen on Christmas morning.

I'm sorry. That is a hard thing to experience

hello nursebecky, where at up north are you from? lived in michigan for 16 years then moved here in 1984. love it here but do miss the snow. was trying to attach her message to this. still trying to figure some of this stuff out. guess i'll have to ask my daughter how to do anything regarding a computer. lol
We lived in the U.P. for a few years, to include that year that Lake Superior froze over completely in the 80's That was one cold winter!! My job moved us here in the late 80's, and I DO NOT miss the snow all that much
cool.png

Scot

hey yall i got a question im bout to brood some chicks inside without a mama for the first time if i feed them medicated started i need to expose them to the cocci right should i put like a little container of dirt from my run in the brooder afor a little bit at a time? tthanx yall in advance and pray for snow sticking! !!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom