North Carolina

Where are you? There is someone in Garner that has some beautiful BLRW. Greenacre here on BYC.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/60816/greeneacre
Thank you!! Just sent them a pm
smile.png

I know a lady who might have some. She is right here in Thomasville, NC and has very nice birds. If you are able to drive to her, let me know (I don't know if she ships)....I will be glad to get in touch with her for you and see if she has some. Where are you located?.
Hey! We are in Greensboro, so Thomasville isn't to very far...would love to know if she has chicks or hatching eggs, thanks!!

Who and where did you order your cream legbar eggs from? Were they a reputable breeder?
We ordered them off ebay...so I guess that in and of itself is a bit of a gamble...but the breeders "name" was ray with several numbers behind...the eggs were superbly packed no complaints there at all...they sent an extra and shipping was very prompt...

Evening all,

My two rescue birds seem to be doing well. Today makes the 9th day, and we have 15 eggs to date. We plan to build a larger coop b/c I'm worried that they won't return to the coop if I let them free range.

Also, why are coops built facing south?

I think it's so wind and rain are less likely to be coming in the doors maybe?...I don't totally know. But usually if you keep a bird cooped in the coop for a week or so and everyday for that week make sure they are safe from predators and weather, and make sure they have food and water...and when that week I over they will return to that place anytime they want those things, safety, shelter, food and water...it also helps because the chickens get used to seeing you calmly in their nice place before they are ever let out. So they won't be afraid of you either.

Thanks for answering my question.

BF thinks I'm "just a little" crazy b/c I say "Good Morning" and talk to them when I'm feeding and watering them and "Good Night" when I take the dog out for his evening run.

Thanks for answering my question.

BF thinks I'm "just a little" crazy b/c I say "Good Morning" and talk to them when I'm feeding and watering them and "Good Night" when I take the dog out for his evening run.
Well I must be completely loony. I say 'goodnight' at every house I close up and 'good morning' when I open them in the mornings. That is 8 houses/coops each time. I even pick out specific ones and say it with their name. Not really sure how many time I say 'goodmorning'/'goodnight' each time.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom