Another day of heat........I know I'm not a fan of those
really cold days but I'm not allowed to take off enough
clothes to get cool........it scares away the natives. It is
also a bit hard on the chickens. If this heat continues
my girls will slow down the laying.
hmm.png

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

My girls seem to be just fine in their coop. I placed it in a shady spot by the woods line, about halfway down the hill of a back yard that we have. I don't have a thermometer in there just yet, but just going down to visit with them each day seems to be about 10 degrees cooler than everywhere else.

Trade off is that they are closer to potential critter danger. I plan to get out there this weekend and cut back some of the under brush that is nearby and start planning out their run.

These kids are 13 weeks old. I'm thinking the black/white one is a boy and the brown one a girl. What do you guys think? They are mixed breeds. If I recall correctly from the person I got the eggs from, I think the brown one is EE x wyandotte and the black/white one is maran-ish.

Thanks in advance!!

I have several 10-11 week old cockerels that would love new homes with their own ladies. I can't keep them all and eventually the extras will have to go to the freezer. They are all nice, friendly, beautiful boys that I hatched myself from eggs that I bought. I have several Easter Eggers, a few australorps, and 2 mixed breed boys.

These kids are 13 weeks old. I'm thinking the black/white one is a boy and the brown one a girl. What do you guys think? They are mixed breeds. If I recall correctly from the person I got the eggs from, I think the brown one is EE x wyandotte and the black/white one is maran-ish.

Thanks in advance!!

The barred one is a rooster and the other is a pullet

How much?
I have several 10-11 week old cockerels that would love new homes with their own ladies. I can't keep them all and eventually the extras will have to go to the freezer. They are all nice, friendly, beautiful boys that I hatched myself from eggs that I bought. I have several Easter Eggers, a few australorps, and 2 mixed breed boys.

Hey guys I have a question/concern see I have my modern games all in one lot right now until I finish one I'm working on its a trio black berchin and a pair brown red I'm still hatching eggs off them all but was wondering what they may look like if mixed brown red and black berchin any pics of this cross could help thanks

Back
Top Bottom