North Carolina

I hope Speckles continues to improve!! She may not lay eggs for a week or two. My silkie didn't after her injury. Biologically it makes sense. Why try to start a family when you are recovering from something that could've killed you?

Not to be rude, but I think two bantam hens or two duck hens is a high price for a mixed breed rooster with known aggression issues. :) you might find a good deal selling or trading him at a flock swap though, especially if he looks handsome.
I guess I have a hard time thinking a rooster is worth a hen, much less two hens. ;)

Oh don't worry about being rude, I was joking about trading him. I know no one would be interested in him. Sad cuz he really is gorgeous. I am looking to get two bantams and two call hens eventually, but till I get rid of at least five roos I won't bring more hens in.

Hello everyone! We have a move pending and will not be able to take our chickens with us--so, so sad! But, it does create a situation where other chicken lovers in the area can get some really beautiful birds that would not normally be for sale. What we have are silkies (gorgeous paint and black, blue and splash, and one buff boy purchased from Jack Fergusen) that are all show quality or high breeding quality, and true silkies in temperament as well. We are willing to bring them to the Carolina Fair in Greensboro on Sep. 13th, or they can be picked up at our home in Hillsborough/N. Durham . Please check out our farm page for full info on prices and extra pics, or message me with questions. We're selling the roos for $5-15, depending on the quality, and with the roos you can purchase hens that range in price from $25-40.

Prices are negotiable within reason, and we also have some poultry supplies (incubators, nesting box, feed and waterers) plus Horizon shipping boxes and the chick shipping boxes. Contact us with questions, and feel free to spread the word! http://www.ravencroftrookery.com/for-sale/

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I am glad we are getting some rain......it was getting a bit too
dry again. We had a somewhat dry summer and the trees need
a good recovery before they slow down for winter. The birds
are liking the cooler temps that come with the rain too. It's been
so dry that the ground is soaking up the water fast so mud really
isn't a problem yet but if we keep getting rain daily mud could
hang around a bit longer..........just what everyone needs.........
mud caked chickens to take to swaps.
tongue.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I am glad we are getting some rain......it was getting a bit too
dry again. We had a somewhat dry summer and the trees need
a good recovery before they slow down for winter. The birds
are liking the cooler temps that come with the rain too. It's been
so dry that the ground is soaking up the water fast so mud really
isn't a problem yet but if we keep getting rain daily mud could
hang around a bit longer..........just what everyone needs.........
mud caked chickens to take to swaps.
tongue.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif
frow.gif
Good morning coop and to everyone on BYC..... So hoping for a little cooler weather. DH just left for work so I'm getting my caffeine fix and I'm headed out to see what I can get done today before it rains. Still be careful to HYDRATE BEFORE YOU START YOUR DAY.... and caffeine is NOT good for you...it will in fact cause more dehydration so don't do as I do...do as I say do!!!! LOL
wee.gif

Good morning!

I hope some of that rain makes it way to us. We have been dragging hoses around to the trees to give them water so we don't lose them. I would take some cooler weather too, then I could start staining my new barn! Eventually, the ponies will have a dry, temperate place to hang out...

Enjoy your day everyone!

JW

@Country Chickens --I already have a 3 rooster to 1 hen ratio in my silkies and I am looking for new homes for two of my roosters, but if you ever decide to just sell a paint hen or two, please let me know as they are currently the only thing on my "want list".

JW

Oh don't worry about being rude, I was joking about trading him. I know no one would be interested in him. Sad cuz he really is gorgeous. I am looking to get two bantams and two call hens eventually, but till I get rid of at least five roos I won't bring more hens in.

1f602.png
that's the sad problem with reading words instead of talking face to face.. I can't tell if people are serious! :)
Good luck with your roo rehoming! And keep us updated on Speckles. :)

1f602.png
that's the sad problem with reading words instead of talking face to face.. I can't tell if people are serious!
smile.png

Good luck with your roo rehoming! And keep us updated on Speckles.
smile.png

It is hard to tell when people are being serious online... I'm almost NEVER serious! At least not if I can help it.
big_smile.png
After I posted that last night, I thought: "I should probably edit it, so people know I'm not serious about trading him...NAH! I'm sure they'll understand!" Oh well.....LOL

I will keep y'all updated on her, I really hope she pulls through!

It is hard to tell when people are being serious online... I'm almost NEVER serious! At least not if I can help it. :D After I posted that last night, I thought: "I should probably edit it, so people know I'm not serious about trading him...NAH! I'm sure they'll understand!" Oh well.....LOL

I will keep y'all updated on her, I really hope she pulls through!

Lol! I will be remembering that in the future, you know! ;)

Quote: I have seen lots of people who are serious about trading a rooster for a hen or two. Most the time the rooster they want to trade is a mix too. The only way I would ever consider trading a hen for a rooster is if that rooster was of very good quality and in hard to find breed/ variety. Good luck re-homing your boy, Doubleatraining takes unwanted roosters (free of charge).

Back
Top Bottom