North Carolina

By the end of March you should find chicks, eggs, adults, and juveniles of varies qualties.  That is, of course, depending on the weather.  Since all sells are outside, rain can ruin the sellers area.  Winston-S normally has a good amount for sale. 

NO FEE to look around or sell.  You need to have your green card(license to sell poultry) to sell.  Even if you don't plan to buy anything, bring a box/carrier or 2 just in case.  You never know what you might just have to have.

Another note about Winston is that the farmers market is the building next door.  Sometimes it is full, but other times not so much.  If you cake lady is in there still, the coconut cake is MINE.  I have not been to Winston in 2 years, but plan to go this year.  I am missing Salisbury this weekend because I am not 100% from being sick last week.

Oh, the restroom in the poultry building suck, but the farmers market restrooms are nice, clean, and heated.

Greensboro is nice, but pretty small.  Not much outside for sale, but the food is better and they have a nice place to sit and talk that is separate from the show hall.

Do you have to be NPIP certified to get your license to sale? I read the statute but still not clear on it.

I finally got my ducks and chicks out in their new coop. My hubby had to redo the flooring because all the wood was rotten. We also ended up picking up 3 khaki campbell ducklings at TSC last weekend. I am up to 12 chickens and 6 ducks. I am honestly surprised that my DH gave me the okay to get the newest ducks. So I think we will stick with what we have for now and hopefully next year we can get a couple of goats.

Good morning folks and welcome to the new folks
frow.gif

Going to be a busy weekend..........Saturday is devoted to getting some
errands done and time spent with DD#1and DSIL. Sunday the day will
be spent bathing and grooming chickens........thanks heavens it won't be
ALL the chickens.....just some.
th.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Didn't get as cold as it threatened last night, but that wind this morning...wow. It's what my dad always called a lazy wind. Too lazy to go around you so it goes right through you!

Chickens are all good this morning, rabbits were waiting for their morning treats, and the quail babies were all toasty warm.

Last day of my visit from kraftyladies, as she heads home tomorrow. We're heading to sunrise antiques in Dunn! Look out! Women on the loose!

Stay warm today!

Back
Top Bottom