NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:
I use boxes with a lot of holes in the top for air. That way, they don't kick shavings all over the car. When I went to Illinois last year for a show, one of the hens managed to get her head out of the top of the box, and finally got on top of the box. I have a hatchback car, with lost of windows and got a lot of strange looks as cars passed up on the Thruway....!

Too funny! My luck, that'd be a 13 pound angry rooster! I have a few soft sided pet carriers. They zip closed, are easy to carry & have mesh panels for good ventilation. I'd better start stocking up on them.
smile.png

BTW.... Have you rescheduled the 4-H meeting?

Not yet, I'm waiting a little, hopefully I'll know for sure tonight. I've got some that want it on Friday night, and other want sat. morning...

Quote:
That would be me! I am sure it's my ad you saw! PM me if you are interested - two of the eight are almost for sure boys, but I can't tell on the others yet.

Last edited:
Quote:
That would be me! I am sure it's my ad you saw! PM me if you are interested - two of the eight are almost for sure boys, but I can't tell on the others yet.

HAHA at first I thought it was me as I have OE roos listed for FREE!!!! 3 of them
th.gif
and BLRW roos and
pure Black Ameraucana roos 6$ each on those-should I continue?? BCM roos... bantam lav AM roos lol

Last edited:
Quote:

I saw the ad. I even opened Yahoo and was typing the email in the "to"....THEN I remembered I don't have a coop yet.
th.gif
SO I closed the email and sat on my hands until they stopped twitching.

Maybe next year.

What I really needs is one or two silkie hens/pullets/sexed chicks. (but chick size would be my last choice, cuz I don't have anyplace to brood them) So if you happen to have a couple silkies around you want to sell in mid to late April (when I am promised my coop will be ready) I am interested.

Quote:

I saw the ad. I even opened Yahoo and was typing the email in the "to"....THEN I remembered I don't have a coop yet.
th.gif
SO I closed the email and sat on my hands until they stopped twitching.

Maybe next year.

What I really needs is one or two silkie hens/pullets/sexed chicks. (but chick size would be my last choice, cuz I don't have anyplace to brood them) So if you happen to have a couple silkies around you want to sell in mid to late April (when I am promised my coop will be ready) I am interested.

No, I don't think I'll do silkies for a while BUT I do have four Mille Fleur D'uccle pullets I am *considering* selling. I love them, but I am concerned they'll get eaten at their size when they can get out and roam around our property (they've been 'cooped up' for months).. They are so cute and friendly that I just haven't decided yet.
tongue.png

As for my OE chicks, I did have one person write me already, but haven't heard back. Worst case I'll wait another month or so so I can sort out the genders, then send all the boys back to sonew.. .. You did want more roos.. right, Nat?
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Where is that? From what I understand, we won't have the Bridgeport auction anymore.
sad.png

about brideport auction from what i heard its hear say, but not sure. i was wondering if anyone knew how to get a hold of LOU SMITH? we would probly know about bridgeport.

i did check on sodus auction. there first spring auction is sunday april 10,2011

village auction gallery 315-483-1900
5428 state rt 14
sodus ny

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom