Good Morning! I wish I could schedule crazy, here it just happens when it happens. 2 inches of surprise thunderstorm yesterday, we were out clearing the drains. Flash flooding had a swift water rescue over by our Home Depot, and another one right downtown. We do not go out when this weather is forecast, but yesterday's mayhem was not. Hubby was at the local store, barely made it back before the water started backing up!

I am glad he made it back safely!

There have been several flash floods north of me where last years fires made the ground bare and unable to absorb water. They have also had a few big mud slides across I70 south of me.

It's not something to casually ignore at all.

I am glad he made it back safely!

There have been several flash floods north of me where last years fires made the ground bare and unable to absorb water. They have also had a few big mud slides across I70 south of me.

It's not something to casually ignore at all.
I second that! Rain here is sometimes a huge problem. People drive into the "puddles" that wash their car away. The Swift Water rescue was right on a main street, Hwy 69, by the Home Depot that we go to all the time! I would just wait 2 hours if I had to, the rain doesn't last very long, it is better to be parked in the parking lot of the shopping mall and get home later, than to be washed away!:eek:

Green beans hide WAY to well on those plants!

I think I got em all picked though. I picked enough for 3-4 meals. I am getting things rolling in from the garden pretty well now.

Anyone have ways to preserve squash or zucchini? :th
People have been raving about dehydrated zucchini chips. They have been seasoning and eating like potato chips... they intended to save and use in soups, but ate them all lol

People have been raving about dehydrated zucchini chips. They have been seasoning and eating like potato chips... they intended to save and use in soups, but ate them all lol

I was just looking that up. :confused: How to season them....

I am going to try both the oven and the dehydrator. :thumbsup
If they are any good I will let everyone know. They could end up being a great low carb option in the end.

Green beans hide WAY to well on those plants!

I think I got em all picked though. I picked enough for 3-4 meals. I am getting things rolling in from the garden pretty well now.

Anyone have ways to preserve squash or zucchini? :th
If you like to use squash in baking, you could cook and mash it like your favorite recipe for zucchini bread and freeze it, in the right size for you. I do that with bananas for banana bread.

If you like to use squash in baking, you could cook and mash it like your favorite recipe for zucchini bread and freeze it, in the right size for you. I do that with bananas for banana bread.

I do freeze for zucchini brownies. Just a shred, measure and vac seal for that. I have not found a need to pre cook it for the shredded bags.

I have enough strawberries stashed in the freezer to make jam!!! :weeIn fact I have every needed ingredient I believe, including jars and lids!

Finally some of my bell peppers are turning yellow. I really prefer the yellow for bells. I froze red and greens cut for fajitas and chunked for other dishes.

It is a lot of work for these veggies but so very worth it.

A second pass through the green beans found many many hiding deep within. I will snap and blanch those this evening.

I do freeze for zucchini brownies. Just a shred, measure and vac seal for that. I have not found a need to pre cook it for the shredded bags.

I have enough strawberries stashed in the freezer to make jam!!! :weeIn fact I have every needed ingredient I believe, including jars and lids!

Finally some of my bell peppers are turning yellow. I really prefer the yellow for bells. I froze red and greens cut for fajitas and chunked for other dishes.

It is a lot of work for these veggies but so very worth it.

A second pass through the green beans found many many hiding deep within. I will snap and blanch those this evening.
I was getting some more wide mouth jars at Ace, and they said that they are out of lids! Not due in any time soon. Good thing I have several boxes of lids left from past projects when I over-purchased. I always am going to make a bunch, and after a batch, I crap out. This time for sure, all these jars are getting filled! :oops: (That is my resolution every time).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom