***OKIES in the BYC III ***

they can survive frost bite- if he loses toes etc- this is emily, she was given to me by a fellow bycer that rescued her, lost lower leg and toes on the other foot- i don't know what he did as far as treating it when he got her

It's amazing what caring, love and perserverance can accomplish!
love.gif
Thanks so much for the photos of baby's parents. I want a camera so I can post pictures.m I may be presumptuous and ask for one for my birthday. HA HA.

Long time, no squawk!
I hope all of you have even more wonderful flocks than the last time I visited with you! :)

Well it seems I am going to be out of poultry owning for the foreseeable future. After 2 years of living in a rental in Duncan (which DID allow poultry), we bought a beautiful home....which happens to be part of a neighborhood that does NOT allow poultry. :-(

That means it's time for me to give up my beloved Sportsman! So, I wanted to offer it to you all, first!

It is a model 1550 Sportsman Incubator/Hatcher (not the digital version). I am asking $275. New it would have been $699. Also I have the additional Plexiglass door that cost $70 new. And have the wire dividing inserts to be used when hatching. Here's so you can see it in use :)

Quote: I wish i new his treatment with her, he used to be on here quite a bit, he went to get some gamebirds, and this little gal was there, apparently she lost her leg and toes to a blizzard- and when he found her couldn't maneuver, so he kept her for a month before i got her- really amazing to me how these birds adapt- she has raised chicks and is a very independant lady

Grace! good to see you post, guess a house chicken is out of the question then?

Long time, no squawk!
I hope all of you have even more wonderful flocks than the last time I visited with you! :)

Well it seems I am going to be out of poultry owning for the foreseeable future. After 2 years of living in a rental in Duncan (which DID allow poultry), we bought a beautiful home....which happens to be part of a neighborhood that does NOT allow poultry. :-(

That means it's time for me to give up my beloved Sportsman! So, I wanted to offer it to you all, first!

It is a model 1550 Sportsman Incubator/Hatcher (not the digital version). I am asking $275. New it would have been $699. Also I have the additional Plexiglass door that cost $70 new. And have the wire dividing inserts to be used when hatching. Here's so you can see it in use :)

Does it hatch goose eggs? Hubby wnts one for that. Since we don't sell any chickens we raise, we let mamas and nature take care of them. It might be more than he wants. I'll look them up and run it by him, since he told me to look for a bargainLOL

Hi Robin! :) Yeah there will not be a fancy (or a non-fancy) chicken house in my backyard here :( But I still have a bedroom and kitchen decorated in rooster and hens - including the painting of my black Cochin rooster!
love.gif

hotcurltr, yes I think it would work great for hatching geese! I hatched Pekin ducks in it a couple of times and actually had 100% hatch rate with those! :)

Long time, no squawk! I hope all of you have even more wonderful flocks than the last time I visited with you! :) Well it seems I am going to be out of poultry owning for the foreseeable future. After 2 years of living in a rental in Duncan (which DID allow poultry), we bought a beautiful home....which happens to be part of a neighborhood that does NOT allow poultry. :-( That means it's time for me to give up my beloved Sportsman! So, I wanted to offer it to you all, first! It is a model 1550 Sportsman Incubator/Hatcher (not the digital version). I am asking $275. New it would have been $699. Also I have the additional Plexiglass door that cost $70 new. And have the wire dividing inserts to be used when hatching. Here's so you can see it in use :)
Wow.. Let me beg my hubby. He thinks I have a chicken hatching addiction

Okay so I had mentioned before I keep a fairly extensive First Aid / Vet Kit at the house for treatment of my animals.. Several have asked me to post pictures, but I needed to get everything consolidated into the three drawer container I designated for the purpose only to find, I had to cram everything into it, so I am going to have to find something a bit bigger but I will post pictures of what I have and an inventory list to give everybody an idea of what I keep around for emergencies or general care of my animals.. Mind you these are all things I used and use on a regular bases..It has taken several years to build my kit up and am always adding things that I find I need... Labeling and organizing the kit is very important for a number of reasons. First to keep track of what I have, to make sure I know what needs to be replaced and so when an emergency comes up I know where everything is and what I have... This has been important because I have had more then one emergency where time was of the essences and minutes counted on saving one of my animals lives, especially since I live out in the middle of no-where with the closest vet 30 mins away.. I am sure everyone has different things they keep in their first aid kit and would like to know what I could add to my kit.. Blue kote is one thing I keep meaning to get but every time I go to the store to get it they are out and I do not have any herbal medicines in there. If anyone has any questions of what any of the things I have in the kit are used for please ask. Hope this helps Here is the kit itself - Yes it is purple but was free... :yesss: Top Drawer- Oral Meds, Emergency Foods & Supplements Canned Cat Food (3 large & 1 small) See everything is crammed in there.... :barnie FerretVita – Calorie supplement Pedialite – 2 bottles Powdered Electrolytes – ½ 3.5oz bag Oral Mouth Spray Granulated sugar – 10 oz. Ox tetracycline – 1 -6.4 oz. bag Kitten replacement milk – 4 0z Peptobezmal – 10 tablets Bacterim ointment – ½ oz. tube Benadryl – 8 tablets *Frontline – 16 doses I.G. Regulator – Parasite control for home Heart Gard – 6 doses Triple Antibiotic Ointment – 2 tubes Middle Drawer- Medical supplies and tools I keep most things in labeled baggies. Bag 1 -Needles (various sizes0, waxed thread, tweezers Bag 2 -Vet RX & pipette Bag 3 -Pipettes (12), Syringes (6) Bag 4 –Eye droppers (12) Medicine Eye Droppers (4), Syringes w/o needles (2) Bag 5 –Measuring spoon, Dresser -tape measure Bag 6 –Suction bulbs (3) Peroxide (1 large bottle) Rubbing Alcohol (1 large bottle & small bottle) Saline Eye Wash (1 large bottle) Colloidal Silver – 2oz. Wazine – 16 oz. Permethrin 10% - 16oz. w/ eye dropper Lubricating Jelly – 4 oz. Scissors IV Needles – 6 Corona Ointment – 7 oz. Bottom Drawer – Wound Care supplies Bag 1- Plastic backed pads (4) Bag 2- Gauze Pads (20 of various sizes) Bag 3- Roll of toilet paper Bag 4- Folded Paper Towels (15) Bag 5- ½ Folded Paper Towels (15) Bag 6- Q-tips (30) Bag 7- Flash Lights (3) Bag 8- Ace Bandages (4 rolls of various widths), Rolled Gauze (three rolls of various widths), Bandage Tape (2), paper bandage tape (2), Ace Bandage tape (1) Bag 9- 4” Ace Bandage (2 yards)
Teramycin eye ointment and vet wrap, plus some sterile gloves is about all I would add to that. Very well thought out.

Okay so I had mentioned before I keep a fairly extensive First Aid / Vet Kit at the house for treatment of my animals.. Several have asked me to post pictures, but I needed to get everything consolidated into the three drawer container I designated for the purpose only to find, I had to cram everything into it, so I am going to have to find something a bit bigger but I will post pictures of what I have and an inventory list to give everybody an idea of what I keep around for emergencies or general care of my animals.. Mind you these are all things I used and use on a regular bases..It has taken several years to build my kit up and am always adding things that I find I need... Labeling and organizing the kit is very important for a number of reasons. First to keep track of what I have, to make sure I know what needs to be replaced and so when an emergency comes up I know where everything is and what I have... This has been important because I have had more then one emergency where time was of the essences and minutes counted on saving one of my animals lives, especially since I live out in the middle of no-where with the closest vet 30 mins away..
I am sure everyone has different things they keep in their first aid kit and would like to know what I could add to my kit.. Blue kote is one thing I keep meaning to get but every time I go to the store to get it they are out and I do not have any herbal medicines in there. If anyone has any questions of what any of the things I have in the kit are used for please ask. Hope this helps
Here is the kit itself - Yes it is purple but was free...
yesss.gif

Top Drawer- Oral Meds, Emergency Foods & Supplements

Canned Cat Food (3 large & 1 small) See everything is crammed in there....
barnie.gif

FerretVita – Calorie supplement
Pedialite – 2 bottles
Powdered Electrolytes – ½ 3.5oz bag
Oral Mouth Spray
Granulated sugar – 10 oz.
Ox tetracycline – 1 -6.4 oz. bag
Kitten replacement milk – 4 0z
Peptobezmal – 10 tablets
Bacterim ointment – ½ oz. tube
Benadryl – 8 tablets
*Frontline – 16 doses
I.G. Regulator – Parasite control for home
Heart Gard – 6 doses
Triple Antibiotic Ointment – 2 tubes
Middle Drawer- Medical supplies and tools I keep most things in labeled baggies.

Bag 1 -Needles (various sizes0, waxed thread, tweezers
Bag 2 -Vet RX & pipette
Bag 3 -Pipettes (12), Syringes (6)
Bag 4 –Eye droppers (12) Medicine Eye Droppers (4), Syringes w/o needles (2)
Bag 5 –Measuring spoon, Dresser -tape measure
Bag 6 –Suction bulbs (3)
Peroxide (1 large bottle)
Rubbing Alcohol (1 large bottle & small bottle)
Saline Eye Wash (1 large bottle)
Colloidal Silver – 2oz.
Wazine – 16 oz.
Permethrin 10% - 16oz. w/ eye dropper
Lubricating Jelly – 4 oz.
Scissors
IV Needles – 6
Corona Ointment – 7 oz.
Bottom Drawer – Wound Care supplies

Bag 1- Plastic backed pads (4)
Bag 2- Gauze Pads (20 of various sizes)
Bag 3- Roll of toilet paper
Bag 4- Folded Paper Towels (15)
Bag 5- ½ Folded Paper Towels (15)
Bag 6- Q-tips (30)
Bag 7- Flash Lights (3)
Bag 8- Ace Bandages (4 rolls of various widths), Rolled Gauze (three rolls of various widths), Bandage Tape (2), paper bandage tape (2), Ace Bandage tape (1)
Bag 9- 4” Ace Bandage (2 yards)
Awesome!!! Did you know that Gatorade has the same ingredients as Pedalite and is half the cost, you can also buy it in power form? That is what I use for my kiddos, I try to keep to the white to avoid dyes!!!

Teramycin eye ointment and vet wrap, plus some sterile gloves is about all I would add to that. Very well thought out.
I have some prescription bactirum eye ointment. I have gloves just forgot to put those in there. Thanks for the reminder. The vet wrap is a good idea need to add that to my list.

Awesome!!! Did you know that Gatorade has the same ingredients as Pedalite and is half the cost, you can also buy it in power form? That is what I use for my kiddos, I try to keep to the white to avoid dyes!!!
I had this from getting a dog over parvo so I have it in the kit. I also have the powder electrolytes which works, as well.. I have to doctor so many of my animals over the years, this has kind of been a culmination of what I have needed when in an emergency situation...

Back
Top Bottom