Olive Egger with a mohawk?

Hi I found this thread and I’m told mine is also an olive egger, was yours? Is mine for sure?

Attachments

• 3F2974C9-CDB5-4513-888E-7EF31F609B4D.jpeg
    3F2974C9-CDB5-4513-888E-7EF31F609B4D.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 139

I tried so hard to get a good pic, but they are running around like crazy right now. This is one of 3, 6 week old olive eggers I have. They all look the same, and to me look like welsummers, and according to the hatchery is one of the possible breeds they are using that one may receive. However they all look like they have mohawks, and they have been that way since they lost their baby feathers on their heads. They don't stand up, just looks like they have a giant feather or two sitting on their heads.

Anyone else seen this before? I'm starting to doubt they are an olive egg producing mix. What is this mohawk thing?

I will try to get a better pic later today.
I ordered Easter Eggers for TSC and my chickens are now around a month old. I have 9 total and 3or 4 of them have a cute little Mohawk. Maybe it’s the genes? Either way, they’re just too cute!

I got 5 Olive Egger chicks from TSC when they had them. 4 of the 5 have crests (surprised me too!) They all 5 looked the same as chicks. Actually, they look the same now as older chicks but 1 doesn't have the crest. We call them the chipmunks bc they looked like chipmunks. Now their feathers have some lacing and some barring.
I think they are cute and I love the crests! They look like they have 5 little feathers on top of their heads, that kinda curve back . Cute nonetheless!

So thankful for this thread! I ordered Welsummers and Olive Eggers from Cackle and as babies they looked exactly the same except for the purple marker applied by Cackle which quickly faded. They’re a month old now and it has become quite clear that the Welsummers look like Welsummers should but the Olive Eggers both sport a topknot or Mohawk hairdo, very distinctive. Interested to see what they’ll look like as they mature!

I found this post and I know it's old but I have a chicken that looks just like this one. She was labeled as an Oliver egger pullet, mixed with welsummer and crested cream legbar. She is a beautiful sweet petite and docile chicken. The only thing is she ended up not laying the Oliver eggs we were going for lol. She lays a large brown and speckled egg. It's beautiful nonetheless, just not olive like we were hoping. Maybe the next go around of buying one, we will get green eggs.

I found this post and I know it's old but I have a chicken that looks just like this one. She was labeled as an Oliver egger pullet, mixed with welsummer and crested cream legbar. She is a beautiful sweet petite and docile chicken. The only thing is she ended up not laying the Oliver eggs we were going for lol. She lays a large brown and speckled egg. It's beautiful nonetheless, just not olive like we were hoping. Maybe the next go around of buying one, we will get green eggs.
I have 2 mohawked chipmunk OEs that are going on 6mos old. Only one is laying so far that I can tell. They look more like road runners. Rooster can’t even catch them with a sneak attack from behind. They are faaaast and good distance flyers, too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom