Oozing yellow liquid where guinea pipped through shell

Aug 28, 2020
First hatching experience…. Guineas started hatching before I put the incubator on lockdown. One had pipped when I pulled the turner out and after several hours it has made a larger opening but seems to be oozing a yellowish liquid now. Picture isn’t the best but the yellow under the egg is what dripped out Thoughts???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 27
That didn't happen to mine when they hatched, did baby hatch?
Nope, I ended up taking that egg out and carefully opening the shell - the membrane had dried onto it in several spots so it just couldn’t get out, so by the time I tried to help it was too late. Crummy timing of when I had to open the incubator to remove the turner. Lesson learned, put guineas on lockdown a day early! I’ve got 7 healthy ones right now and 17 to go :)

Nope, I ended up taking that egg out and carefully opening the shell - the membrane had dried onto it in several spots so it just couldn’t get out, so by the time I tried to help it was too late. Crummy timing of when I had to open the incubator to remove the turner. Lesson learned, put guineas on lockdown a day early! I’ve got 7 healthy ones right now and 17 to go :)
I'm sorry 😔! yay for babies! Post pics!

Back
Top Bottom