Our first call duck incubation adventure (hatch-a-long)

Pics
How are you liking your borotto? I have one too!
I hope all the ducklings hatch! I love my call- I had 5 but they tend to fly off 😢 so now I’m sticking with full size.
It seems to be doing great! I have an extra hydrometer and it seems pretty spot on for temperature. I have the automatic water machine as well.

That is too bad that they flew off! Which type of full size ducks do you keep now?

It seems to be doing great! I have an extra hydrometer and it seems pretty spot on for temperature. I have the automatic water machine as well.

That is too bad that they flew off! Which type of full size ducks do you keep now?
I have a mixture. Welsh harlequin, Cayuga, Ancona, white layer, khaki Campbell, Rouen, and blue Swedish. I have 17 ducklings that are a mix of those as well. 6 are pure Ancona.

That would be great!! I feel a little lost at what to look for. I see movement in most of them or I think I do…it might be me willing them to move. lol
The biggest thing to look for is veining. Veins will disappear after an embryo dies.

Towards the end, it may be too dark to see veining anymore, in which I’ll look to see how full the egg is. Dark, full, hard to see = good!! And see if there’s any movement in or near the air cell (shadowing, internal pip).

Good night Gochujung and ducky friends!

Good Night GIF by Minions

The biggest thing to look for is veining. Veins will disappear after an embryo dies.

Towards the end, it may be too dark to see veining anymore, in which I’ll look to see how full the egg is. Dark, full, hard to see = good!! And see if there’s any movement in or near the air cell (shadowing, internal pip).

Thank you!!

They are making me nervous the closer we are to the end. I have heard that call ducks are notorious for not being great at hatching. There is a great post on here about hatching call ducks that I am going to try to follow.

Back
Top Bottom