Peacock coop

I think they are IB's but not real sure. I also think I got a peacock and a hen, as soon as I get back in town I'm going to start building the pen and see if I can get some decent pics of the peacocks so y'all can help me figure out what I got. Thanks for all the help.

I think they are IB's but not real sure. I also think I got a peacock and a hen, as soon as I get back in town I'm going to start building the pen and see if I can get some decent pics of the peacocks so y'all can help me figure out what I got. Thanks for all the help.

Looking forward to seeing them!

Could somebody please tell me what I got? Lol. They don't really like me yet so getting a pic was next to impossible

Yeah they are about six months old. I started thier pen today it's going to be a 25 x 20. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week my little chicken coop is getting pretty crowded

Well, I got it done! It rained on me constantly which made it hard to build but I think it came out okay

It looks great, sorry to hear you had such a soggy time building it, that's no fun. I can't tell if you have any higher perches, but if not you will need them for your boy when his train comes in. They like to be high enough that their train doesn't touch the ground, and that sucker will be over 5' long before you know it (3-4 yrs.) Also can't tell for sure if the perches are 2x4 's? If they are, make sure they are placed with the 4 inch side up, this will keep toes flat and under the belly in the nice warm down preventing frostbite.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Well I live in southeastern ok as well, so neighbors I guess lol nice to know someone else got rained on building pens.
1f604.png
I finished my shed was all. I now have 20 peafowl, and will be getting more as soon as pens are finished pea-addiction is what it is know as, but I figure 12 more peafowl =12 step program lol

Well I live in southeastern ok as well, so neighbors I guess lol nice to know someone else got rained on building pens.
1f604.png
I finished my shed was all. I now have 20 peafowl, and will be getting more as soon as pens are finished pea-addiction is what it is know as, but I figure 12 more peafowl =12 step program lol

I still have to build the shed for them. I stuck a dog house that I build a couple months ago in there so they would have some shelter but I didn't have time to build they shed just yet. Where do you get your peafowl from? I think I would like to add another hen at some point. Lol

Back
Top Bottom