Please, show me your ducks

I have six runners - all female. All amazing. Two fawn and white, two silver and two black. I do have a "splash" duck if I understand correctly. That would be my one black duck named "Pepper." She has three white feathers. My black ducks also have blue wings in the sunlight too. I also have a Youtube all about my ducks - let me know if you want the channel name (I don't want to spam).

Attachments

• PXL_20240626_232220713.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240626_232220713.MP.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240703_210019808.jpg
    PXL_20240703_210019808.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240623_185631252.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240623_185631252.MP.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20240703_210017980.jpg
    PXL_20240703_210017980.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240614_232344435.jpg
    PXL_20240614_232344435.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20240703_210022274.jpg
    PXL_20240703_210022274.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240626_234543380.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240626_234543380.MP.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240614_232204535.jpg
    PXL_20240614_232204535.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240613_202626043.jpg
    PXL_20240613_202626043.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 5
I have six runners - all female. All amazing. Two fawn and white, two silver and two black. I do have a "splash" duck if I understand correctly. That would be my one black duck named "Pepper." She has three white feathers. My black ducks also have blue wings in the sunlight too. I also have a Youtube all about my ducks - let me know if you want the channel name (I don't want to spam).
Yes I would like to see your Youtube channel. Your ducks are beautiful. My Runner that I thought was total black seems to have chocolate wings that are really dark brown I noticed today with what looks like a spec of white might come on his wings also. He still has his black bill and feet along with a black chest. I also have three Fawn and White Runners. One stands like the bowling pen but the other two are more horizontal. My black/brown one is a bowling pen, lol. Hopefully when he gets old enough to mate he will be easy on my Hens.

Yes I would like to see your Youtube channel. Your ducks are beautiful. My Runner that I thought was total black seems to have chocolate wings that are really dark brown I noticed today with what looks like a spec of white might come on his wings also. He still has his black bill and feet along with a black chest. I also have three Fawn and White Runners. One stands like the bowling pen but the other two are more horizontal. My black/brown one is a bowling pen, lol. Hopefully when he gets old enough to mate he will be easy on my Hens.
They are so much fun. Here's a link to the video I posted today - just a swimming one.

View attachment 3893914
Here is my 4 runner ducks a few months ago they are not pure bred, more of a barnyard mix but not from me so I don't know parents.View attachment 3893911
This is them know at 4 months old. They are a mix of breeds but this is my guess of what the are mainly

A white runner
View attachment 3893915

A mallard runner
View attachment 3893916

A black swedish runner mix
View attachment 3893918

Chocolate runner mix
View attachment 3893920

I'm planning of getting a female magpie, khaki campbell, welsh harlequin and a Welsh harlequin drake from a local breeder soon.
They are all so beautiful. The mixed ones can turn out to be sooooo beautiful in my eyes.

Hello.

My pastel call ducks

Thank you for the picture.

They are cute!

Pastel... is a rare colour, right?
I just searched about "Pastel Call Duck" on Google Image, but there are not a lot of pictures of them...

In any case, I really love this light colour - especially on the hen...!

These are my 5 ducks an in a few pics my dog joy and my chickens.

Thank you!!
They are so beautiful... (THAT is a pretty dog!)

I have magpie pair, the drake will never mate with the Pekin hens just his hen. He is very gentle and sweet.

That's weird your Magpie drake is not interested in your other hens...!!
Is he then not over-mating his partner?

(I have just searched on the internet to see if Magpie ducks are monogamous, but I found nothing...?)

I see on your pictures your Magpie drake's wings are kind of shiny...
I did not even know Magpie drake's wings shone blue in the light...!!

Next id my other drake, a khaki Campbell. He is more skittish and more rambunctious. He only mates with my two hens (Pekin).

Yeah... I am hoping Khaki Campbell ducks can make good pets, but some people say they are kind of skittish... (Nevertheless, other people also say the contrary...!)

Beside, I just read about the fact Khaki Campbell drakes tend to overmate the hens...?!
What... is different from what you are implying here.

You seem to be really lucky with your drakes...!

In any case, your Khaki drake is a beautiful boy. (I love his colours!)

Also my two Pekin hens who lay every day. They are the breed I would get over and over again. Very sweet and great little kid birds.

Do they not destroy your yard, though?
I feel they would... they look big enough!

The my magpie. Very sassy funny little bird. Five pounds but acts like she’s 100 pounds and rules the world.

I want Magpie ducks, but finding them is hard...
(Are they actually a rare breed?)

Among them are three basic color patterns caused by one gene: wild type or mallard, dusky, or restricted. Mallards, Rouens, and my Dutch Hookbills shown in that post, all display the pattern wild type or mallard which is called that because it is what wild Mallards have. The dusky pattern does not have eye stripes and causes muted speculum color (and drake head color) like a Khaki or Dark Campbell.

...Would you happen to know what would cause a Light Dusky drake to have very blue wing speculum...?

Because my Light Dusky drakelets - they ARE Light Dusky; they are born in my yard - have very shiny, dark blue speculum, and ONE of them have just blue/purple speculum.

Here he is :

DSC01180.JPG

Here is my 4 runner ducks a few months ago they are not pure bred, more of a barnyard mix but not from me so I don't know parents.

Thank you for the picture!

In my opinion, apart from your Chocolate duck, they all look purebred.

A mallard runner

She looks purebred, but is kind of faulted... so she is probably crossed with a Dusky coloured Indian Runner?

See the white line on her blue wing speculum?
I get the same on the majority of my Trout ducklings that have a Trout father and a Light Dusky mother.

You can see two of them - a ducklet at the center of the picture, and a drakelet just next to her - here :

DSC01166.JPG

I call them "Faulted Trout Indian Runner ducks".

A black swedish runner mix

No. She really looks like a purebred Indian Runner.

Dusky Feathers Waterfowl has pretty much the same black Indian Runner duck, and like yours, she has similar colours as a Black Swedish duck (these wings are just so beautiful...!!)...

Chocolate runner mix

I... actually can't tell if she is mixed : it could be her stance in the picture, you know...?
I would need more picture of her to see if she could be purebred or not.

I'm planning of getting a female magpie, khaki campbell, welsh harlequin and a Welsh harlequin drake from a local breeder soon.

Oh yeah?!
I would be grateful if you posted some pictures when you get them...!!

I have six runners - all female. All amazing.

What is amazing is the fact you can take so amazing pictures.
Thank you so much for sharing them...!!

Two fawn and white, two silver and two black.

They are so beautiful...!!

I do have a "splash" duck if I understand correctly. That would be my one black duck named "Pepper." She has three white feathers.

I am no expert, but I would not call it "Splash"...?

Hmmm... if your duck is not whitening due to age, maybe it is a leakage?
White ducks can have leakages. I have one (but sorry : I could not take any good picture until now), and I also had some in the past... all ducklings from my pure White Indian Runner drake.
(Dusky Feather Waterfowl speaks about leakages in White ducks in one of their article.)

I also have a Youtube all about my ducks - let me know if you want the channel name (I don't want to spam).

No, no : just do "spam", please.

Here's a link to the video I posted today - just a swimming one.

God... they are so happy...!

Great video.

Hello.

Thank you for the picture.

They are cute!

Pastel... is a rare colour, right?
I just searched about "Pastel Call Duck" on Google Image, but there are not a lot of pictures of them...

In any case, I really love this light colour - especially on the hen...!

Thank you!!
They are so beautiful... (THAT is a pretty dog!)

That's weird your Magpie drake is not interested in your other hens...!!
Is he then not over-mating his partner?

(I have just searched on the internet to see if Magpie ducks are monogamous, but I found nothing...?)

I see on your pictures your Magpie drake's wings are kind of shiny...
I did not even know Magpie drake's wings shone blue in the light...!!

Yeah... I am hoping Khaki Campbell ducks can make good pets, but some people say they are kind of skittish... (Nevertheless, other people also say the contrary...!)

Beside, I just read about the fact Khaki Campbell drakes tend to overmate the hens...?!
What... is different from what you are implying here.

You seem to be really lucky with your drakes...!

In any case, your Khaki drake is a beautiful boy. (I love his colours!)

Do they not destroy your yard, though?
I feel they would... they look big enough!

I want Magpie ducks, but finding them is hard...
(Are they actually a rare breed?)

...Would you happen to know what would cause a Light Dusky drake to have very blue wing speculum...?

Because my Light Dusky drakelets - they ARE Light Dusky; they are born in my yard - have very shiny, dark blue speculum, and ONE of them have just blue/purple speculum.

Here he is :

View attachment 3894785

Thank you for the picture!

In my opinion, apart from your Chocolate duck, they all look purebred.

She looks purebred, but is kind of faulted... so she is probably crossed with a Dusky coloured Indian Runner?

See the white line on her blue wing speculum?
I get the same on the majority of my Trout ducklings that have a Trout father and a Light Dusky mother.

You can see two of them - a ducklet at the center of the picture, and a drakelet just next to her - here :

View attachment 3894796

I call them "Faulted Trout Indian Runner ducks".

No. She really looks like a purebred Indian Runner.

Dusky Feathers Waterfowl has pretty much the same black Indian Runner duck, and like yours, she has similar colours as a Black Swedish duck (these wings are just so beautiful...!!)...

I... actually can't tell if she is mixed : it could be her stance in the picture, you know...?
I would need more picture of her to see if she could be purebred or not.

Oh yeah?!
I would be grateful if you posted some pictures when you get them...!!

What is amazing is the fact you can take so amazing pictures.
Thank you so much for sharing them...!!

They are so beautiful...!!

I am no expert, but I would not call it "Splash"...?

Hmmm... if your duck is not whitening due to age, maybe it is a leakage?
White ducks can have leakages. I have one (but sorry : I could not take any good picture until now), and I also had some in the past... all ducklings from my pure White Indian Runner drake.
(Dusky Feather Waterfowl speaks about leakages in White ducks in one of their article.)

No, no : just do "spam", please.

God... they are so happy...!

Great video.
Thank you! I wouldn't say they're "rare" but they are very hard to come by. I love their coloring and their temperment. Such sweet ducks. I have white, pastel, and snowy.

Back
Top Bottom