Please Tell Me You're Molting Too?

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I'm looking at my pen and it seems as though someone went through with a leaf-blower.

BUT, the feathers I see are white and blue feathers. Not black feathers. The only hen I can visibly see molting is my black hen...

Ya'll are having hens molting right now too...right?!

Our banty EEs have been moulting FOREVER!! I don't think they'll ever lay again. Coop looks like someone had a huge pillow fight. Turkeys are also moulting and look like they have been chewed on. Only things laying are the seramas and the mutt pen ... and once in awhile the BR pullet, she just does not believe in laying more than an egg or 2 a week.

My Best Black Standard Cochin Hen dropped about half her feathers about 2 weeks ago. The feathers quickly disappeared. There should be some very soft bird nests around. This is early enough that she may be ready for the first show on Halloween.

The mixed bantam lot, the main henhouse, and the Dutch house are full of feathers. I am getting less then 2 dozen eggs a day from 70 or so adult hens.

Matt

I sure hope that is what is going on with my Jersey Giant pair. They are only about 20 weeks but the cockerel lost all of his tail feathers and all the ones on his neck as well. The pullet lost her neck feathers.

I see a lot of other colored feathers around too, but everyone else looks normal. Who knows?

my ducks and chickens are looks like they had a pillow fight the last few nights they havent laid in 4ever this is a good thing for my one cockerel and my other one has like hen tail feathers right now he looks really funny b/c he looks really regal looking then you see his lack of tail feathers so ya mine are

The only thing molting here are my ducks, the poor rouen drakes look like cayugas!!
gig.gif
I haven't noticed any chickens molting yet, but I'm sure it will be a mess when they do! Last fall it looked like a massacre from all the feathers in the yard!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom