Possum Pie Recipe

LOL, I thought I had finally found a recipe I could make to make good use of all the possums around here. In case you are wondering, my screen name is also the name of the community where I live. More possums around here than you can shake a stick at. They love chicken too so I'm constantly trapping and shooting them. Was thinking this was some sort of possum pot pie, LOL. Hey, times get any harder, who knows!
hide.gif

Well I made the thunder cake and everyone loved it. I also made turtle pumpkin pie and my brother in law asked who made it and came and thank me over and over for making it. Said it was out of this world. He never thanks anyone so it must of been good. I did not eat desert. I didn't plan it that way but just didn't, I also only ate portion sizes so did not have the ick stomach. I must be gettin old or sick LOL

Turtle pumpkin pie

1/4 cup plus 2 TBLS caramel icecream topping Divided
1 graham cracker pie crust
1/2 plus 2 TBLS pecan pieces divided
1 cup cold milk
2 pkgs (4 serving size each) jello vanilla instant pie filling
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnaman
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tub 8 oz cool whip

Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into bottom of the crust, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans unto carmel.

In mixing bowl beat milk, dry pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with whisk (I used beaters) until well blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cool whip. mix well. Spead unto crust, I spooned it around the edges and then did the middle so my caramel stayed in the bottom. Top with remaining cool whip.

Refrigerate 1 hour and then sprinkle the 2 TBLS of pecans over cool whip, with a fork drizzle the 2TBLS of carmel on top of that.

refrigerate leftovers. You can cut this into 10 pieces.

enjoy.

frow.gif
Just got back and found these wonderful recipes that had came in!
Thank you, am anxious to try them...do you know how many events I have coming up?
barnie.gif

and finals are this coming week!!!
Thank you! Keep them coming in...I have a sweet tooth
tongue.png

did you find any really good buys yesterday, Gwen? Glad you got back before the bad weather set in..due tonight thru tomorrow and Sunday for parts. I hear the east is getting it bad!
hide.gif

My favorite jello recipe:

6 oz box of cherry or black cherry jello
2 Cups boiling water
Stir until disolved then put in fridge until slightly set then
mix in 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
1 cup of sour cream
3/4 cup of walnuts

I never get tired of it.

smile.png
Yup! Got everything I wanted! I mean EVERYTHING...and...the employees were SUPER! The walmarts where I went, had every employee working, I went up to one, once the plastic had been cut off the pallet, and told her, that one of the items was not there..(I had searched the store over) .she agreed, went back to the stockroom, found it, and let me have 1st pick, then announced it over the intercom...this was about a 20 minute process of waiting on her to search, not sure if she was, and the lines for check out getting longer.and she came back to where I was...
smile.png
...another employee went back and found my sister the color she wanted in her comforter...she had gotten mine, (we pick up items for each other..we make a list...
smile.png
)
no complaints, beside cutting, that is just so...ugh!
We had a light sprinkle fall on us the whole way home, and the temp is dropping....but we are home safe and sound. Thank the Lord.

Bless those poor employees who really do a good job for what they are paid and for what they have to put up with! Glad you had such a good time.
That jello recipe is one I would like to try.

Last edited:
We had the Thunder Cake last night....my family loved it!..thanks so much for the recipe..

Back
Top Bottom