Possum Pie Recipe

Quote:
Hello??? did you think Possum Pie was something diet??
gig.gif

I've got a new cookie recipe...it's called Monster Cookies....will try to post in just a minute...
a lady in our church gave me the recipe....with samples!!
love.gif

Parson's Wife :

Post your sweets recipe...

jumpy.gif

Possum Pie

Layer 1

3/4 Cupped pecans
3/4 cup flour
1 stick butter

Preheat 350. Melt butter. Add Nuts & flour. Mix & press into a 9 X 13 pan, bake in oven until light golden brown (10 to 15 Minutes).

Layer 2

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz cool whip

Mix well & spread on top of cooled crust. (Can add more pecans in this layer as well.

Layer 3

1 large pkg instant Choc. pudding
Mix according to box directions and spread on top of Layer 2.

Layer 4

8oz cool whip

Spread on top of layer 3 and top with grated pecans and grated hersey bar.

Chill one hour min. before serving...

(Don't go killin no possums! lessen you want dumplins!)
old.gif

It calles for "cupped" pecans?? Whats that? Did you mean chopped?

This recipe sounds goood!​

Oh my, a typo...thank you for catching it Redhen! Yes, it's supposed to be chopped pecans.

Monster Cookie's by Ms.Debbie....a dear lady who passed this on to me!

Ingredients

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter.
Mix well.
Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal.
Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Warm or cool these are great!
To freeze the dough for monster cookies, drop dough onto the cookie sheet as if you were going to bake them.
Instead, pop the baking sheet into the freezer, and keep there until they are no longer sticky, about 1 hour or so.
Then, you can transfer the cookie dough balls into a resealable plastic bag for long-term storage.
Bake as you normally would, straight from the freezer!

After several requests for my peanut brittle, thought I would post here. With pics of finished product...will try to take pics as it "progresses" today....hope you enjoy. There's many recipes and variations out there, and I.'m sure all of them are yummy. This one just works for me.

The Parson's Wife Peanut Brittle

2 cups white sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup water
2 cups raw Spanish peanuts (don't skimp!)
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt

*Prepare pie pans. Coat with butter, heavily. In a large pot add the above ingredients. Stir constantly. High heat. Bring to a hard ball stage.
At this point you can vary...it will still form hard brittle, or take it up to the soft crack stage. Either one is good. Your peanuts will begin
smile.png
popping and smell will be worth it!
Now, the color will change to a light brown. WATCH CAREFULLY it WILL BURN!!

Step 2:

1 tablespoon baking soda

Remove from heat and quickly add in the baking soda. Stir quickly and pour into prepared pie pans. Allow to harden and cool.
Makes 4 to 6 patties. Depends on how thick you pour the patties.

*HINTS* I use disposable pie pans for a uniform look to the brittle. I then wrap with plastic wrap, and sell or give as gifts.

ALWAYS use a wooden spoon
Coat the pans heavily with butter, or it will stick.
I like to work with 2 people, one cooking, and one for 'shaking' the pie pans to form their shape before the brittle hardens.

Enjoy!

I made these Tuesday, sold 25 patties...I showed them off in my 'selling' basket!
frow.gif

If you look closely you can see some patties cooling in pie pans behind the basket. These sell quickly if your looking for a good fundraiser. Be blessed!
smile.png

5925_photo-0508.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom